Ice Cream Sandwich and other Anouncements

aceoyame

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Today I have an anouncement.

I will be doing all MIUI development for the X, D2 and D2G. Also, I will be making an update for my barebones CM rom once a month from here on out. Lastly, I will be working on an Ice Cream Sandwich rom from the SDK later this week to have something ready for when source drops. As for my Milestone 2 rom, I am probably going to release what I have and see if someone else can figure out how to get data working with it. I do not have a job where I can constantly be SBF'ing my phone anymore and that rom was the fastest way to break the phone. I still am planning on working on a sense port but that will be far down the road after ICS is out.

Secondly, Since I am working on so many devices right now, expect delays to be there but things still coming out at least. I am taking donations to get my thinkpad working again (since it got killed) that way I can have 2 dev machines. Any phones I can get will help too. Whether it be an X, D2G or D2. Simply put, I don't have enough hardware right now to crank them out very fast and I am asking for donations to expedite releases. I am posting this in the X forum since I will be developing for that device now.

I appreciate anything you guys have given to me before (you guys kept me afloat during my unemployment). I look forward to be doing more releases, but if you guys have anything left to give... It will make this much faster for me. Developing with my phone I use has just become almost out of the question.

Edit: ICS will be my primary rom in development until we get it running. Once DXC does his last release I will be doing just maitenence releases for MIUI.

juv3

Reaction score
Come on man did you get a job at Motorola cause all we hear from them is Coming soon!

Sent from D2G Rocked by ApeX RC4 using TapaTaLk

OP
A

aceoyame

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Coming soon? I have made releases and produced results. I am not asking out of greed but because there are things I want to release but cannot due to not having equipment. I mean it is hard having your main phone be your dev phone...

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Come on man did you get a job at Motorola cause all we hear from them is Coming soon!

LMFAO!

Coming soon? I have made releases and produced results. I am not asking out of greed but because there are things I want to release but cannot due to not having equipment. I mean it is hard having your main phone be your dev phone...

Pfft, I do it. Its really not that bad. Get a google voice number (theyre free) and give it to people that /have/ to get in touch with you and tell that that if they dont get you on your main number then call/text it and it will show on your computer.

RevNumbers

Reaction score
Pfft, I do it. Its really not that bad. Get a google voice number (theyre free) and give it to people that /have/ to get in touch with you and tell that that if they dont get you on your main number then call/text it and it will show on your computer.

that's what I do as well

Rev

juv3

Reaction score
I have donated to BlackDroid, Cyanogenmod, and Chevy's #1 in the past when I had the OG droid and they made updates within a month and sometimes even weeks and seriously I have seen you ask for Donations so many times at so many posts and in different forums that you should just make that your signature. This post is just another one they should move to the Unicef forum

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you don't want to donate, then don't donate. You don't need to be bashing someone putting in voluntary time to make your device more functional.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

jack902902

Reaction score
Is your ICS ROM going to be 2nd-init?

Sent from my DROIDX

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
My opinion on donations is like Field of Dreams, if you build it they will come...

...but that doesn't give me the right to knock anyone else for the way they do things - so if you don't agree then don't make it your personal habit and don't knock anyone else :wink-b:

leftspin

Reaction score
Is your ICS ROM going to be 2nd-init?

Sent from my DROIDX

It will have to be since they won't be releasing an official ICS for the Droid X so there will be no Droid X ICS kernel

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/members/198300.html aceoyame, I'm more than happy to donate some cash to help out. Also, I plan on getting the Nexus when it's released so I might be able to donate my used Droid X if you need, when the time comes for that

OP
A

aceoyame

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I am not making roms with profit motives. I posted on several forums to get the word and my work out. If you want I can simply stay on rootzwiki and leave my roms there. Otherwise I would sugest refraining from accusing me of begging for money. I asked for hardware donations more than anything else and I have previous work out there along with a couple leaks even. I am not a developer who does a kang and ask for donations. As per the google voice suggestion I would take it if it wasnt for the fact that I can't use really any google apps at work and if I miss a call from my boss that would be tough to explain. This is where having a 2nd phone for dev'ing comes in handy. It could be a D2, D2G X idgaf really. If I have any of those I can make it work across all three devices while having an active phone. Most of the work I have been doing is work where you can make the rom not boot extremely easy (The MS2 rom or ICS or anything else really). Once again, I am not a charity and I am not begging. If you don't want to donate then don't. If you do, then great for helping the cause!

Edit: I hope you check me out on rootzwiki and see I have close to an average of 13 posts per day on there with over 1650 posts in only about 5 months. I have done a lot of cool stuff and I want to continue to. Mainly because I am stuck with my d2g until april of NEXT year, not this year.

Edit2: ICS will be a 2nd init rom due to needing to modify the init process to load more framework stuff, not loading blur stuff... etc.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I think tp addressed that. There will be no more bashing for asking for donations here. You're a dev and earned that badge, you can ask for donations. If you have any problems with this again, feel free to PM tp76 or myself. We would like you and your roms to stay on DF.

Tapped from an Unbrickable DROID

chiruscan

Reaction score
I also will be more than happy to donate for a great port of ICS.

I cant donate alot but I can donate a little bit no problem.:biggrin:

OP
A

aceoyame

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
well everything helps. I am going to be working on an MIUI ICS port first as they have it on the defy... then I will be working on AOSP.

voodooman128

Reaction score
Keep up the good work. I appreciate what you do to make our phones much better. Unfortunately I went from the x to the bionic. I miss my miui and hope to see it on the bionic.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums