I would like a suggestion on choice of phones

MarkMcGillian

Reaction score
...by someone who is NOT a salesman. laugh

On either the verizon, t-mobile, or Sprint network, which Droid phone is among the best for my use, which is:
1. fast access, 4 G whenever they start using the real 4G
2. good coverage to and fro Michigan and Chicago,
3. a large screen,

What DOESN'T matter to me is:
1. a lot of texting
2. a camera (not with a face like mine)

I realize that these are all influenced by carrier, so perhaps, all things being kind of equal, i.e. on a given carrier, which phone or phone(s) performance would I be happy with. Unlike some people, I don't like to keep getting new phones every 3 months.

Thanks greatly!

Oh yea, I like videos.

MG

Sniper_5

Reaction score
Your best bet would be to talk to friends and family about their experience with signal strength and call quality in your area. Once you've picked a network, pick 3 phones that appeal to you most and go to a store that carries the working display models and play with each for at least 30 minutes. I would also recommend downloading Quadrant standard on each and running it twice on each. It will show you how that phone compares to others performance wise. Happy hunting.

Sent from my D1 on UD1.0 @ 1Ghz

OP
M

MarkMcGillian

Reaction score
Thanks, so far

Those are good suggestions. I think I've determined Verizon has the best coverage, speed, and price for what I'm doing. Sprint and T-mobile aren't too far behind.

I wonder which carrier is most likely to support 4G in my area. All I seem to get is propaganda.

Thanks,

MG

Sniper_5

Reaction score
Verizon wireless web site should have a news section covering when 4G will be showing up in what areas. You could try searching their site for 4G coverage and see what you get. I know they have a section somewhere for it.

Sent from my D1 on UD1.0 @ 1Ghz

tonydelite

Reaction score
Those are good suggestions. I think I've determined Verizon has the best coverage, speed, and price for what I'm doing. Sprint and T-mobile aren't too far behind.

I wonder which carrier is most likely to support 4G in my area. All I seem to get is propaganda.

Thanks,

MG

Well, I live in Michigan. Metro Detroit. The only place Sprint currently has 4G is in the Grand Rapids area. Verizon 4G has not been deployed yet, so any phone you buy from them today will NOT be capable of 4G speeds.

T-Mobile is cheap, but I hear their service is not so hot in this area.