I would just like to introduce myself!

Roguetech357

Reaction score
Hello all I'm glad to be here. Looks like a really interesting site, and I hope to meet some friends and learn a thing or two! Name is Rogue and it's good to meet you all! :icon_ banana:

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey Rogue, welcome to the forum!! you are correct - this is a very interesting site, with tons of helpful info, and even more great people! hope you stick around. once you've had a chance to browse around, please don't hesitate to get involved and ask questions - it's the members' involvement that makes this site what it is! :)

kmusmc

Reaction score
droid noob

I hadn't propperly scanned through the site as I've been intent on learning as much as possible about my Droid x (which is my first Droid phone) I am open to any and all suggestions, I am hoping to make some good connections here and some friends to help me out. I have several questions. For start I have as you now know a Droid x, I have the extended life battery and a hard "carbon fiber coated".....please, case which covers the display. Should I root my phone? What is rooting? What other things should I know? At present I have my battery set on power saver, the display on auto and the display shuts down every 30. I'm sorry that was lengthy, I promise future posts will be far more terse.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Forum - Make yourself at home and feel free to ask questions

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink:

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
your settings seem to be appropriate - you can experiment with them until you get the set up you prefer.

as for your rooting questions, here is a good place to start: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/632-what-root-means-stop-asking.html
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-hacks/62450-how-root-without-using-adb.html
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-hacks/74980-droid-x-hacking-guide-s.html

There is an entire section in the forum dedicated to the DX, including subforums on general discussions, DX hacking, DX roms, etc. I'm willing to bet you'll be able to find answers to all your questions, and probably answers to questions you haven't even thought of yet. ;) My advice is to do what i did - start reading threads, ask questions, and have fun!! :D

kmusmc

Reaction score
Thank you! Sorry about the root obsession, you are the first to address it, first, second it tends to be brought ip alot.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've rooted my D1 - love it! But its not for everyone, and it has it's risks - read, read, read! :) you're in the right place!!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App