i want my old number back for texts...not this gvoice number.

OP
M

MajorWhiteBoy

Reaction score
Shamefaced...

Spoke too soon. Still digging around. Ill post back

nerdbox08

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity: are you using the 406 numbers to text out?

I'm doing the best I can to completely understand the situation because I've yet to use GV as my text handler. =\

I only set mine up to use Voice Mail.

OP
M

MajorWhiteBoy

Reaction score
I guess the number coming over as my texts always changes. It starts with 606? I dunno wtf is going on.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
Reading up further on textPlus.... textPlue might be your problem.

"All messages go directly to a ten digit phone number where the app then allows the user to enjoy Push notifications, offline text reading, real group or one on one texting, and more. This app doesn’t require that the user add or install any additional programs in order to use, they simply use texting as normal."

Quoted from THIS site on how the app works.

It seems the app takes your message and pushes it through their servers to the recipients. Also when you receive the message it's coming from their server and being pushed to your phone. At least that's how I'm understanding it.

textPlus is suppose to be used to circumvent 'paid' text messaging and use their servers to allow you free 'text messaging'.

Try using the default message app?

OP
M

MajorWhiteBoy

Reaction score
We reached the same conclusioat the same time. I suppose textplus fails. Shame. I like saving money.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
We reached the same conclusioat the same time. I suppose textplus fails. Shame. I like saving money.

=\ Me too.

I would say if you didn't mind it coming from random numbers it's not a big deal, but I think that's the whole point of this thread, lol, to get YOUR number on your messages. lol

OP
M

MajorWhiteBoy

Reaction score
I suppose I will now try to find a similar app that works different

MPTP

Reaction score
Not to be rude, but a similar app that works different is Google Voice. It works and it works well. If you are looking for free texting I'm not sure why you'd look anywhere else. To send and receive free texts you are going to lose your carrier's number any way you do it, unless I've missed something.

OP
M

MajorWhiteBoy

Reaction score
if i'm gonna lose my number anyway, i'll just use textplus. at least it updates in real time, not every 5 minutes.

MPTP

Reaction score
Yeah, the 5 minute refresh is a bummer. I actually cheat a little and have them forwarded to my gmail since those notifications seem to come much faster. It's probably just my imagination though :)