i want my old number back for texts...not this gvoice number.

MajorWhiteBoy

Reaction score
i tried removing my number in google voice, i deleted the app on the phone. i don't want voice showing up as my number. i want it to be my real number. how do i accomplish this?

OP
M

MajorWhiteBoy

Reaction score
I called it, heard a beep. What does it do. I thought the call got dropped so I did it twice...

Guchi

Reaction score
once you remove the number from voice (or even change the options) and do that it should be back to normal

OP
M

MajorWhiteBoy

Reaction score
I set it up for texts as an option to do free texts. I didn't set it for phone calls, so I'm good there I think. I can't figure out how to get my texts back to normal, no voice involved.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
I set it up for texts as an option to do free texts. I didn't set it for phone calls, so I'm good there I think. I can't figure out how to get my texts back to normal, no voice involved.

I always saw it that you had to send message from inside GV for it actually send messages....

What exactly did you do to get it to send messages from your phone via your GV number? Are are you using any kind of app that is handling the texting?

OP
M

MajorWhiteBoy

Reaction score
I'm using textplus. I don't remember how I set it up. I REALLY want to unset it though.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
I'm using textplus. I don't remember how I set it up. I REALLY want to unset it though.

I don't think it matters, but what number do you have listed in textplus? Your GV number or reg number?

Are you replying to text messages or creating new ones?
Did you disable SMS forwarding to the phone under the settings on the website?

OP
M

MajorWhiteBoy

Reaction score
OK....I deleted all my old messages. Seems to have worked. Thanks though, folks. Always a helping hand around here.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
My real number, both, and yes

I'm digging around in all my settings trying to figure this out, lol.

Did you set GV as your default messaging app when you started using GV?

Go into your contacts and long press a contact and click "Text Message", does a prompt come up? And if so does it give you the option to select a default action? If so, pick the message handler you want for your text messages.

If not, go into Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> Menu/Settings -> Filter -- All

Scroll down and see if Google Voice is in your list(still? maybe?) Open it and see if the application is set for the default handler.

This might not be a solution at all, but it's worth checking.