I use Linux. Problem.

Xf53vfs3

Reaction score
My laptops have ran Linux for as long as I can remember. In the past I have always borrowed my friends computers to SBF and do various other phone 'hacking' things. I would love to be able to rely solely on my Arch Linux machine, but i dont know of a way to SBF using a Linux Computer.

Is it possible to SBF with a computer running Linux?

MindArchr

Reaction score
My laptops have ran Linux for as long as I can remember. In the past I have always borrowed my friends computers to SBF and do various other phone 'hacking' things. I would love to be able to rely solely on my Arch Linux machine, but i dont know of a way to SBF using a Linux Computer.

Is it possible to SBF with a computer running Linux?

Yes, it's the only way I SBF.
http://theandroidsite.com/2011/02/1...-sbf-file-on-the-motorola-droid-2-with-linux/

THE SBF for the D2 link isn't working on that site...if you need to download it, you can download it from here: http://www.multiupload.com/R6VS5FFISB

DroidBurgundy

Reaction score
yeah I was in the same boat, i kept win 7 on a laptop for phone tinkering :p sbf'ing in terminal is a breeze though, and for what its worth i have found it to be more reliable than RSD lite tooo ROFL

OP
X

Xf53vfs3

Reaction score
Thanks so much guys! The community here is amazing!

EDIT - im getting the error "error unpacking ./sbf_flash"

-- Fixed that by intstalling cpio

EDIT AGAIN - Im getting the error "Data[0]: Header corrupt !! failed"

--Wow im not that sharp today... i was trying to SBF a .zip file... forgot to extract. Forgive my ignorance and thank you again.

MindArchr

Reaction score
Thanks so much guys! The community here is amazing!

EDIT - im getting the error "error unpacking ./sbf_flash"

-- Fixed that by intstalling cpio

EDIT AGAIN - Im getting the error "Data[0]: Header corrupt !! failed"

--Wow im not that sharp today... i was trying to SBF a .zip file... forgot to extract. Forgive my ignorance and thank you again.

no problem at all. Glad everything is working out =) dancedroid

mattv111

Reaction score
+1 sbfing is so much easier on Linux. As are most things if you know what your doing

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk