Anyone have PDAnet working with Linux?

nikolaus

Reaction score
I recently put PDAnet on my phone and love the tethering under windows xp. I really like it on my lunch breaks were our small concrete lunchroom at work gets no wifi access. It works flawless on my xp partition on my laptop. The speeds over my eris rival the speed of the overused internet connection at work. So I give it 9 out of 10 for xp.
Thing is I have dual boot laptop that runs much faster and beter battery life in linux, Mandriva 2010. I would love to use this feature on my linux partition at lunch instead of the bloated windows xp install that sucks the battery dead in 20-30 mins. PDAnet offers client programs for windows and mac, but not linux. There websight says to use on linux through bluetooth or wireless. But for the life of me I cant figure out how to get the wifi setup to work, as there is no walkthrough on site. I am having difficulty getting linux to accept my bluetooth usb stick, a insignia bluetooth adapter. Anyone have this running in linux and can point me in the right direction?

pv2smurf

Reaction score
I recently put PDAnet on my phone and love the tethering under windows xp. I really like it on my lunch breaks were our small concrete lunchroom at work gets no wifi access. It works flawless on my xp partition on my laptop. The speeds over my eris rival the speed of the overused internet connection at work. So I give it 9 out of 10 for xp.
Thing is I have dual boot laptop that runs much faster and beter battery life in linux, Mandriva 2010. I would love to use this feature on my linux partition at lunch instead of the bloated windows xp install that sucks the battery dead in 20-30 mins. PDAnet offers client programs for windows and mac, but not linux. There websight says to use on linux through bluetooth or wireless. But for the life of me I cant figure out how to get the wifi setup to work, as there is no walkthrough on site. I am having difficulty getting linux to accept my bluetooth usb stick, a insignia bluetooth adapter. Anyone have this running in linux and can point me in the right direction?

I am running Linux Ubuntu 9.10 and I'm not VERY SAVVY with it just yet. I searched as I assume you are and I run accross a few things. The main thing that helped me get it running was this

Linux + GNU = Humans Enabled: How to Tether your Android to Ubuntu(or Fedora) GNU+Linux for Internet Connectivity

VERY WELL written and the steps are more complicated to me through his walkthrough so MAYBE I can help you sometime? [email protected]

pv2smurf

Reaction score
oh and AS FAR AS I KNOW you CANNOT use PDA NET I use Azilink which WITH THE address above it automatically installed on my phone. Just enable on the phone

ALLOW INSTALL OF NON-MARKET APPLICATIONS

dancedroid

anonne

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung on 5 android 6.0.1
I HAVE DOWNLOADED WINE32:I386 and then run PDANET through the app, seems ok i will update this post very soon.