I too hate ice cream sandwich.

chfpsycho

Reaction score
I have had the ICS update for a little over a month now. I can't say I love it, because I don't, but I will say that I have gotten used to it. There some new things that I like. Maybe JellyBean will be an improvement. There were many things I liked about GB, and I wish they could incorperate them into whatever OS they come up with. I don't "hate" my phone anymore, but it still isn't as enjoyable as it used to be. Either way, I will not be getting an iPhone or a Windows phone whatever that is.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Anything new takes a bit to get used to but as with any change, there are things I like and things I don't like. The advantages of being able to disable bloat, the ability to do screenshots, the ability to use a foreign SIM card when out of the country are some of the things that outweigh what I lost in GB. To tell you the truth, I can't even remember anymore what I liked more about GB which is probably because Android allows me the ability to customize my phone pretty much exactly like I want it.

The problem is for moto, google or Verizon to keep some GB features in the new ICS, some people will be glad they're still there while others will wish they weren't. Like I tell my employees when they struggle with change... you can't please all of the people all of the time but you try to please most of the people most of the time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

Clickdig

Reaction score
I Too Hate ICE CREAM SANDWICH! What is up? I haven't had time to post yet but I hate everything about this OS!

I have a Droid4 and the OS that came on the phone only had a few minor UN-user Friendly problems, but this one is replete with them. I could write pages and pages of suggestions on how to make it more user-friendly. Who has the time? I would have to get paid for it!

If you developers are looking to make a new OS, start with the previous OS system. I don't even know what was originally on my Droid4 that I bought before the ICS update, but it was superior in all aspects. Were you guys on drugs when you made this new OS? Seriously, not very friendly at all!!!!!!

fmjed

Reaction score
I am really pissed, whats up with the black background and blue letters?????????? on every screen???? Wish I had never hit that "accept" button. . . .

from what I have read, I'm SOL as far as going back?

cricketnest

Reaction score
I am ok with the Ice Cream Sandwich. I juse cant figure out how to fix some things. I noticed that if I am in the car and hooked to bluetooth that by the time I get to work my phone is dead after charging all night and I have an hour drive to work. This happens without me using the bluetooth. never used to happen in the prior os. I figure out how not to have all my contacts imported. And I have noticed that the battery life is much less. Also took me a little to figure out how to answer the stupid phone. everytime I tried to drag it to answer it hung up on me. I have a droid bionic

noncitizen

Reaction score
I, three, hate ICS

Yep, I'm in that club where my beloved phone has now become a hated enemy. I'm a techie, and will probably at some point do the whole root and rollback thing. And, I feel some culpability because I didn't read up on exactly what was in this "software upgrade" that I was accepting. I am by no means a power user. So my complaints are that the simple things I do, make calls, text, browse, etc. which used to be a joy have become terribly painful, and that the general look-and-feel of the GUI is just yuk. But I've read across the web lots of power users who have some serious beefs with ICS. Why do they do it? I mean, I'm a software engineer, and I know about making changes to software that require and adjustment from the users. But these propeller-heads went in the closet and dreamt up this monstrosity in a vacuum or something. What were they thinking? Anyway, I'm so pissed I created a facebook page. Go to https://www.facebook.com/AvoidIceCreamSandwich, like it, share it, post your story, let's make some noise!