I think they lied..

jigsawkilr

Reaction score
I noticed one of the claims they made about the Droid is that it will not interrupt you with notifications if you are doing something else. I noticed that's not true. I can be doing something on my phone and if a notification comes through it sets off my ring tone. Is this something I need to fix or does everyones do this?

Also, why when I forward a message when I go back to my message screen it shows the message I forwarded? Can I change something to where that it will not do that?

s-one

Reaction score
True... but what "they" told me was that the Droid was a "smart phone". Well they need to take the "phone" part out of it since my calls sound like I'm calling from the 1950's.

S281

Reaction score
True... but what "they" told me was that the Droid was a "smart phone". Well they need to take the "phone" part out of it since my calls sound like I'm calling from the 1950's.

LOL, true. Mine supposedly sucks too, my wife is always saying i sound muffled. WTF are the internet reviews talking about when they brag about the clarity of this phone, pssssh, liars...

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

LOL, true. Mine supposedly sucks too, my wife is always saying i sound muffled. WTF are the internet reviews talking about when they brag about the clarity of this phone, pssssh, liars...

my fiance says i sound alot better on this then i have on my last 3 blackberries (curve, storm 1, storm 2)

JayMonster

Reaction score
What is talking about with notification not interuppting is that the notifications hit the top bar and don't "pop up" in front of you, so that say you are browsing the web and you get an e-mail (yes, very basic I know, but just for point of example), the icon appears in the task area and doesn't force you to dismiss a dialog to continue. Same for SMS messages etc. Can you turn off sound notifications? Yes you can, if you consider that "stopping" you.

As for call clarity, I have had complaints from nobody yet about the Droid. Both from my end, and from being on a land line listening to a person on the Droid, the call quality has thus far been as close to a land line experience than I have had on ANY mobile phone before. Of couse, tower locations, etc may play into this, and perhaps I am just lucky, but I certainly know I have not had "muffled" calls yet on this phone.

texasPI

Reaction score
I noticed one of the claims they made about the Droid is that it will not interrupt you with notifications if you are doing something else. I noticed that's not true. I can be doing something on my phone and if a notification comes through it sets off my ring tone. Is this something I need to fix or does everyones do this?

Also, why when I forward a message when I go back to my message screen it shows the message I forwarded? Can I change something to where that it will not do that?

Well, no they didn't technically lie. You're not being interrupted with a pop up are you? No, you just get the notification in the top bar. So, you could change your tone to something short and unobtrusive and/or just turn it off and have vibe or nothing at all. So, a lie? No I dont think so.

DrPooley

Reaction score
To comment on call quality, I just wrapped up a 2 wk demo of the Droid. I had nothing but positive reviews about call quality and cancellation of background noise. The people I called were aware I was testing the phone (without knowing what model I was using) and were openly critical of the sound quality and I had no complaints (compared to 3 HTC devices I was testing at the same time). I wonder if some were produced before others and there was something different inside those units experiencing call issues.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My call quality on the DROID has been stellar. Better than my Storm by far. Both on automated systems and with a live person.

Unfortunate some of you are experiencing bad quality... not the norm.

DjSmooth

Reaction score
Funny thing happened just the other day, I was heading out and I called for a cab as I got outside, and the dispatcher said are you outside, I said yes I'm on the corner...so he was hesitant (I guess listening for background noise) and asked again are you outside I said yup on the corner, how long? He said 3 min come outside :) it seems the call quality of the Droid is just that good at blocking out background noise...

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
My call quality is akin to a land line also. I also love the size weight and feel of the phone while I am talking.

dsm

Reaction score
Call Quality

I also have poor call quality. My callers say that my voice is muffled, and there is some background static. I hate to return the phone after all the customization I've done. For those of you with good (or bad) call quality... do you think that it might be worthwhile for me to exchange the phone for a new one?

TatDroid

Reaction score
I noticed one of the claims they made about the Droid is that it will not interrupt you with notifications if you are doing something else. I noticed that's not true. I can be doing something on my phone and if a notification comes through it sets off my ring tone.
I think this may be what my tech dept calls PICNIC (Problem In Chair Not In Computer). If you set your notification tones to silent you will get no audible notification, and there will be no pop up to interrupt anything else you may be doing. The only thing you'll see is a small icon in the status bar.

mjs31

Reaction score
Call quality issues? Wow...I completely hear the opposite. This is by far the best sounding phone I have ever had as far as the people I talk to say. I have had several blackberries, and other smart phones besides the many dumb phones. If you sound muffled return it.