i think ive destroyed my phone, any suggestions?

midlake

Reaction score
i have a droid 2 running liberty 2.0 and i had no issues with it at all. out of boredom, i tried to flash zapx ginger 4.1. i booted into clockwork, wiped everything, then install zip from sd. during the first few seconds the installation froze. let my phone sit for awhile hoping it was just gonna take a bit but it wasnt responding. pulled the battery, turned it on to see i still have the liberty boot logo ... but thats it. sits at the liberty logo forever. if i boot while holding X then hit the search icon i can get into the default recovery but theres not much to it. i feel like if i could flash my liberty2.0 again i would be fine but the default recovery doesnt give me that option. tried the factory reset and nothing different happens. is my phone ruined? i REALLY dont have the money for a new one right now.

thanks in advance. taking my son to my moms and then ill be back here with my fingers crossed hoping someone has replied!!!!

dancedroid

Reaction score
Just don't put water on the battery contacts hoping that verizon will send you a free replacement and you should be fine

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just don't put water on the battery contacts hoping that verizon will send you a free replacement and you should be fine

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

I'm sorry was there a point to that post? I think we are trying to help this person.

OP
M

midlake

Reaction score
If you can boot into bootloader…..Hold up arrow while booting, Follow the instructions here:
TBH & MyDroidWorld Present: Droid 2 (2.3.20) Triple Threat

i can get into the bootloader but it doesnt look like i can do anything. if the default recovery had "install zip from sd card" i think id be alright but it doesnt. and the options on the post involve more options than the default recovery has. the bootloader doesnt let me select anything. just says d2 bootloader, that my battery is ok, and thats pretty much it

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You need to do some more reading. Sbf requires a computer. You don't do anything with the phone in bootloader.

You need rsdlite 4.9 and drivers for your phone.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you can boot into bootloader…..Hold up arrow while booting, Follow the instructions here:
TBH & MyDroidWorld Present: Droid 2 (2.3.20) Triple Threat

i can get into the bootloader but it doesnt look like i can do anything. if the default recovery had "install zip from sd card" i think id be alright but it doesnt. and the options on the post involve more options than the default recovery has. the bootloader doesnt let me select anything. just says d2 bootloader, that my battery is ok, and thats pretty much it

Boot into bootloader. Then follow the link I gave you above. That's how you will SBF it back to stock.

speedfreeq

Reaction score
Try the search button from stock recovery to see if you can get through to cwr/spr. Also, try multiple reboots holding the "x" key. If you can get there& still have the Liberty update.zip on your SD card, you're golden.
Recently a friend had almost the same thing happen... maybe flashing over Liberty is a problem? I had to d/l the ROM to a second SD card and flash it off that, then restore off the original.
Did you make a nandroid you can restore? If not, my suggestion would be to learn how to do that immediately:)

-from my P.E.-flavored Droid.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You need to do some more reading. Sbf requires a computer. You don't do anything with the phone in bootloader.

The link I gave him with rsdlite 4.8 will work just fine on the D2. It's made to bring it right back to stock 2.2 version 2.3.1

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The link I gave him with rsdlite 4.8 will work just fine on the D2. It's made to bring it right back to stock 2.2 version 2.3.1

Like I said, he needs to do some more reading.

OP
M

midlake

Reaction score
i do have a nandroid back up. also, i didnt realize the link earlier was stuff you do on your pc. i will definitely do some more reading and hopefully get everything worked out when i get back home. thanks a ton for the replies