I pulled the trigger and have an X in the mail.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So where do I start? I've been with my Droid 1 for two years now and have learned this device inside and out. So I figured might as well upgrade to a Droid X.

What have I gotten myself into? What kind of things will I need to know? I read somewhere that they have or almost have crack the bootloader, is this true?

Thanks in advance, and I am very excited to be taking the next step in my Android lifestyle, so yea any tips or advice will be much appreciated. Oh yea is Verizon pretty fast about the overnight shipping? I ordered it at 2:30 today any chance I'll be seeing this show up by Wed? I'm leaving for a week vacation and would hate to have to wait a week to play with it.

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
Good choice z4 root then rom of your choice. Read rooolers guide also go to motorolla.com download the drivers awesome phone I have had mine a month and a have

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

CxUNG

Reaction score
^ what that person said and dont forget to use koush bootstrap before flash rom to backup fone. Then ti backup for your apps should be set after that.

Sent from DROiDx using DROiDforumsAPP

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Man, didn't have it long at all before we rooted it huh? dancedroid

Good choice z4 root then rom of your choice. Read rooolers guide also go to motorolla.com download the drivers awesome phone I have had mine a month and a have

DroidForums Junkie!!

OP

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know its not really super new anymore but I didn't expect Verizon to have it on the FED-EX truck in just a few hours. Looks like it should be here tomorrow afternoon!!

+10 Big Red.

I'm more and more happy to be a Verizon customer the more I deal with them. So much better to me at least then other company's.

thanks again everyone.

lockman

Reaction score
Welcome to the X side! I just retired my D1 last weekend, myself.
Grab Z4, Bootstrap, rom manager (just for clockwork), then Liberty or DarkSlide.
Liberty is real nice for vanilla, but I'm really liking DarkSlide blur.

en28so

Reaction score
Welcome. Your X is will be twice as fast as your D1. I had the D1 too.

Droid X. Rooted with Z4root and undervolted to save battery life, with jrummy's overclocking app

MrKleen

Reaction score
Congratulations on your new X! You will have lots of fun! Plus you know a great place to go for help if you need it.

OP

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Okay everyone thanks again.

Now WOW I can't believe I waited, out of the box this thing is sweet but you already know that. I've been reading and have found some differences in peoples guides. I want to of course root and OC and flash ROMs but I don't want to screw crap up. I'm leaving on vacation in 23 hours.

Is z4root the best way to get started? From what i've read it seems you must root then bootstrap then back up and then your set for anything.

It came out of the box with 2.2 as I'm sure they all do now and thats where I'm getting screwed up, alot of the guides are old.

After being so good with the Droid it's kinda fun to be an annoying noob again, its been two years. Well I'm going to go get the latest drivers and sdk for win64bit and check back for more advise.

luigi90210

Reaction score
Okay everyone thanks again.

Now WOW I can't believe I waited, out of the box this thing is sweet but you already know that. I've been reading and have found some differences in peoples guides. I want to of course root and OC and flash ROMs but I don't want to screw crap up. I'm leaving on vacation in 23 hours.

Is z4root the best way to get started? From what i've read it seems you must root then bootstrap then back up and then your set for anything.

It came out of the box with 2.2 as I'm sure they all do now and thats where I'm getting screwed up, alot of the guides are old.

After being so good with the Droid it's kinda fun to be an annoying noob again, its been two years. Well I'm going to go get the latest drivers and sdk for win64bit and check back for more advise.

I personally just run the stock Motorola rom rooted and themed to look like gingerbread. I havent found a stable rom for the Droid x yet. Everytime I try a rom I get a bunch of bugs and such so I just stick to stock.