I need your help to rescue my Android phone photos?

Daphne65

Reaction score
In fact, yesterday, my Android phone has been formatted by my little cousin and all my newly taken photos were gone. But, I really wanted to get a couple of them. They were really precious for me. I had remembered that they all were stored on the memory card of this phone. Is the information helpful? What should I do to rescue these photos?

mslaceyrose

Reaction score
Daphne, first of all, just want to make sure. When you say on the memory card, do you mean an external (removable) SD card, or the internal memory of the phone itself? Just asking because sometimes people confuse the terms and say one when they meant the other.
What kind of phone do you have?

There are programs that can find deleted files, but some are difficult for the average user to understand. I'll let someone else advise you what to use. But I did learn today on another of our forums that when this situation occurs, that it's important to stop using whatever the deleted file was stored on, because if you do something that overwrites the little section where it was stored, it may not be possible to recover. So definitely don't take any more photos with the phone until someone advises you further.

Leopold56

Reaction score
Have you stored all you wanted photos on the memory card of this Android Phone?
If so, you can try my ways to rescue your photos as below:
1). Do not overwrite this phone memory card in case of data loss.
2). Insert this memory card to a computer and check whether all your stored files could be restored by using some data recovery tools like Recuva, 4Card Recovery, iCare Data Recovery Free and more.
Just select a proper one for your files over the internet carefully.
3). Save and back up all restored files on another drive or card in case of data recovery failure.
Note: Never forget to save all important data on different drives or locations in the future.

Elaine56

Reaction score
I have ever had some success to restore my lost photos back from my formatted camera memory card with the help of a video tutorial:
youtube.com/watch?v=_WPcrHgIPPY
You may also take chances.
Always timely upload your phone or camera data to your computer drive or backup storage device next time.

sheena008

Reaction score
Once my brother used a paid Android data recovery program called wondershare Dr.fone to retrieve deleted text messages from his Galaxy S3. You may find it via Google search and give it a try! Remember it's not free.

Last edited: