I need to UNroot.

James9109

Reaction score
Hello all, I tried rooting awhile ago and it didn't work. Then when the first OTA update came I downloaded it and it froze my phone up and it put me in the boot screen and I had to do a reset so I could use my phone again. Just wondering why it wouldn't let me do the update if it wasn't rooted in the first place? And supposedly the OTA gingerbread comes out tomorrow and I would like to install that without any problems. So what are your thought?

Thanks guys.

edit: more detail when I boot into hboot it says MECHA XD ENG S-OFF

Last edited:

turdbogls

Reaction score
Hello all, I tried rooting awhile ago and it didn't work. Then when the first OTA update came I downloaded it and it froze my phone up and it put me in the boot screen and I had to do a reset so I could use my phone again. Just wondering why it wouldn't let me do the update if it wasn't rooted in the first place? And supposedly the OTA gingerbread comes out tomorrow and I would like to install that without any problems. So what are your thought?

Thanks guys.

edit: more detail when I boot into hboot it says MECHA XD ENG S-OFF
pretty sure the S_OFF means you are rooted. or you at least did the first part of the root process but didn't finish it.

either way.
[ROM]Mecha_VERIZON_WWE_1.12.605.6_Radio_1.16.00.0223r_N V_8k_1.41_9k_1.64_release - xda-developers
that thread has the "return to stock" image on it. this will get you back to S-ON, and shipping OS.
rename file to PG05IMG
place on root of sd card (not in a folder)
flash in HBOOT

i just did this the other day and it worked great.

also you may want to root before GB comes, because the OTA may not allow you to root. and with root, there will probably be a debloated OTA update for root users within the day knowing these awesome developers.