I need to change IP

snprhed

Reaction score
To use an app I am supposed to change the IP to a specific one. I cant figure out how to modify the IP address though. Any ideas?

OP
snprhed

snprhed

Reaction score
Have I put this in the wrong forum?

OP
snprhed

snprhed

Reaction score
The app is to control an appliance wirelessly, yes i need to change the phones ip so it will link

rac4300

Reaction score
On the original Moto Droid (the two that I have are Android version 2.2.3)
1. Tap menu and go to Settings : Wireless & networks : Wi-Fi Settings
2. Tap menu again and select Advanced
3. Select Use static IP and setup the rest.

vey

Reaction score
There is an app for this

it's called DNS setting and it's in the play store.

T

tiffanyel

I'm not sure why you need to change the ip address to a specific one.

If you mean Ip address within your local area network, then it's static IP address, which is quite different settings from normal dynamic IP address.

vey

Reaction score
I'm not sure why you need to change the ip address to a specific one.

If you mean Ip address within your local area network, then it's static IP address, which is quite different settings from normal dynamic IP address.

There are many reasons why someone might want to use a static IP address. Here are a few: The router can route traffic on a particular port to a device which is needed or desirable for some programs. My cable company's DNS server is flaky, so I can use a better one, such as Open DNS. Connections are faster to make (no waiting for the router to assign an IP) and often more reliable. Some syncing programs want to know what the IP is before they will work properly.

The downside is that if I take my phone away from home, I have to remember to switch it back.