Cyanogen 6 wifi problems

jwhit007

Reaction score
I can't seem to keep wifi on...it comes on for about 10 seconds, shuts off, and then the cycle repeats.
I have tried many of the solutions mentioned by others...change proxy settinge, forget network, change router channel, reset modem and router, I've tried using a static IP...nothing is working.
My wifi seems to work perfect the few seconds it stays on, i.e it tries to obtain an ip address and then shuts off.
Sorry if this has been asked before, but all my searches lead me to the same solutions(which don't seem to work for me.) I'm using an old motorola droid.
Thanks for any suggestions.
kernal 2.6.32.9
build FRG22D

Last edited:
OP
J

jwhit007

Reaction score
Well, I got it to connect, but I had to disable security. That was the only way I found to get it to work, so I guess my router isn't password protected until I get another or figure out a solution.

jasonppp

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
what encryption are you using? wep, wpa, pbt? I run cm 6 and have no wifi issues
and what kinda router?

OP
J

jwhit007

Reaction score
It's an old Belkin(I don't have the model number)
It had WPA/WPA2 personal PSK, 128 bit WEP, and 64 bit WEP and none of them seemed compatible with the phone.

jasonppp

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
have you tried rebooting the router i mean holding the inset button on back for 10 seconds changes router back to store bought config then readd the wep encryption