I need some assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

yanks0826

Reaction score
I have a Droid Eris, I love the phone, it's like a pocket-sized computer. But, I do like to "hack" my ipod touches and phones, but I am slightly confused here.

I was able to upgrade my phone to version 2.1 and is rooted. But how am I able to download apps from the market for free? Most of the apps cost, and I was at a site that provided free apps (that usually cost money) but I think they are for the Android.

Please help me out. I would like to get apps and such without paying so I can check them out for a possible future purchase.

Thanks guys.

OP
Y

yanks0826

Reaction score
Not many people frequent these boards do they?

lowtech

Reaction score
I have a Droid Eris, I love the phone, it's like a pocket-sized computer. But, I do like to "hack" my ipod touches and phones, but I am slightly confused here.

I was able to upgrade my phone to version 2.1 and is rooted. But how am I able to download apps from the market for free? Most of the apps cost, and I was at a site that provided free apps (that usually cost money) but I think they are for the Android.

Please help me out. I would like to get apps and such without paying so I can check them out for a possible future purchase.

Thanks guys.

The Eris is an Android phone (Android is the OS), so you can use any apps in the Market I believe, and those free ones as well. There are a lot of free apps in the Market too, but even the ones that charge will refund your payment if you find you do not like the app within a stated time period.

I hope this helps! :)

pastorbob

Reaction score

Thanks guys.

people probably are not helping you bcause you want to steal those apps.... many of the people who are on these forums actually have made many of those said apps that you are looking to get for free. That is probably why they are not going to respond to your calls for help.

just saying.

wyzzerdd

Reaction score
I think your confused as to what "hack" means. Rooting your phone does not give you magical access to download pay apps for free lol.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
hi Yanks,

The reason people are not responding to your post is because we DO NOT allow posting and/or linking free paid apps.

With that said please do not ask anymore. DF's supports the Developer community and this type of thing is frowned upon in the community as a whole. Not to mention it takes money out of the pockets of these fine ladies and gentlemen that work very hard to provide quality apps for the community.

Thank you for understanding. I'm going to close this one down.

Status
Not open for further replies.