I need Some Pre-Purchase Assistance Please

gunny5821

Reaction score
Hello All,

Hey a former iPhone and Blackberry user who is looking to jump onboard the Android Express, hoot, hoot! So I need some help. I am an AT&T new subscriber and as such I have 30 days to try and like it time. I had the Samsung Captivate, but sent it back due to problems (GPS, Random Shut Down, Contacts and Calendar Syncing...), Fedex is showing it will be dropped off tomorrow, so I have a little time to make a final decision. Since I am locked into AT&T, they don't have a lot of the great Android names (Droid X, Incredible, etc...). They have basically these phones; Samsung Captivate ($9.99 free activation & shipping), The Sony Xperia X10 ($79.99 free activation & shipping), HTC Aria (No Cost free activation & shipping), Motorola Backflip (No Cost free activation & shipping) and one other not worthy of mention. Of course if I opt out of the Android market than the HTC Tilt 2 (Windows 6.5 Pro, No Cost free activation & shipping) comes into the mix, but it is Windows, well at least it will hook into Outlook with no problems (or so I think).

So folks, which one should I go with? Please don't bash me for going to AT&T, I am doing it for you, but the family is all on it, so I jumped before I looked (Slaps himself in the face, lol). Please give me some feedback as to why you choose the one you did.................THANKS!

Gunny :icon_ banana:

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum gunny! I can't give you any advice because I know nothing about at&t except they restrict everything so bad. I doubt you'll get the true android experience with them. Hopefully someone else can help you though with this :bump: Good luck!! :D

EbE404

Reaction score
Hello All,

Hey a former iPhone and Blackberry user who is looking to jump onboard the Android Express, hoot, hoot! So I need some help. I am an AT&T new subscriber and as such I have 30 days to try and like it time. I had the Samsung Captivate, but sent it back due to problems (GPS, Random Shut Down, Contacts and Calendar Syncing...), Fedex is showing it will be dropped off tomorrow, so I have a little time to make a final decision. Since I am locked into AT&T, they don't have a lot of the great Android names (Droid X, Incredible, etc...). They have basically these phones; Samsung Captivate ($9.99 free activation & shipping), The Sony Xperia X10 ($79.99 free activation & shipping), HTC Aria (No Cost free activation & shipping), Motorola Backflip (No Cost free activation & shipping) and one other not worthy of mention. Of course if I opt out of the Android market than the HTC Tilt 2 (Windows 6.5 Pro, No Cost free activation & shipping) comes into the mix, but it is Windows, well at least it will hook into Outlook with no problems (or so I think).

So folks, which one should I go with? Please don't bash me for going to AT&T, I am doing it for you, but the family is all on it, so I jumped before I looked (Slaps himself in the face, lol). Please give me some feedback as to why you choose the one you did.................THANKS!

Gunny :icon_ banana:

Of all of those, I believe the Aria is probably the strongest contender. And, if you're the adventurous techy type, it has been rooted (not the easiest process, but possible and proven) to get around the AT&T OS restrictions.