I need help installing liberty

flyingsushi

Reaction score
Honestly, I am not sure what I have done now. First I rooted my phone. No problems. I then downloaded Titanium Backup and thought I created a restore point. Then I downloaded Liberty Toolbox. I downloaded the Liberty Rom. I was navigating through it and tried to make changes with animations but nothing happened so I wasn't sure if it was working because maybe I didn't install it correctly. However, when I boot my phone up, the animation there works so I don't know why nothing else wasn't working.

I wasn't sure what to do so I figured I would donate and upgrade it. So last night I paid the $5. Now I have more problems. It asked me to download Busybox Installer. The Installer opens fine, I tap Install and the pop up says installing Busybox 1.19. It says successfully installed, but the installer screen doesn't change. I am not sure if I am suppose to do anything from here?

Back to Liberty Toolbox. I can't seem to get Liberty to work at all since I upgraded to the paid version. I open the toolbox and a pop up opens just like your instructions, at the top it says, Update Rom, You are running an old verstion of Liberty ROM. Please follow the instructions to upgrade:

1st, I don't think I am using Gingerbread? I thought I was Android 2.2 Froyo??

2nd, I thought I installed bootstrap?

I thought I followed the rest of the instructions but I am sure I have not done something right or I wouldn't be here. After I tap install liberty 2.0.1. The screen moves over to a black screen that says, Download ROM, where my only option is to tap Liberty v2.0.1. I tap it and it appears the installation starts. I check backup current Rom and Wipe Data and Cache. Click ok again to reboot into recovery and install Liverty v2.0.1. Now it says, download complete.

This is where I am stuck. I don't know what to do. If I tap it, it wants me go through the installation process when I would have thought my phone would have rebooted at this time. I can't remember what button I hit, but now I am at the toolbox again and a window pops up telling me BusyBox Not Found! I am confused because I already downloaded it. It is in my apps section. Remember when I said I tried to install it but I can't get past the installer page? This is where I am stuck.

Part of the problem now is I am lost. I am not sure what I have done and have not done.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,
Sushi

D

dankarlinski

You need to install clockwork recovery mod first. Once you do that, you can install liberty 2.0.1

2.0.1 is built off of froyo. 0.5 is built off of the GB leak, and is only found in nightlies.

You can only install 2.0.1.

So, install clockwork, and then install the rom

Sent from my GingerDroid 0.5 (Liberty)

OP
F

flyingsushi

Reaction score
I thought I did? I am not sure though?

I have done this before, if I tap Flash ClockworkMod Recovery it says I have downloaded it. I tap ok and nothing happens?

Thanks

D

dankarlinski

Go into it and install clockwork recovery. Then, in liberty toolbox, click reboot options and reboot bootstrap. Install it from clockwork.

Sent from my GingerDroid 0.5 (Liberty)

OP
F

flyingsushi

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how to I install it from clockwork?

After I reboot bootsrap (nothing happened?) Was I suppose to go back to Rom Manager, tap flash clockworkMod recovery and then tap reboot into recovery? Thats what I went ahead and did.

I don't know what the screen looks like when your in recovery but I don't think I get into recovery?

So I appear to be doing something wrong or something isn't right because I am now stuck on your last instruction of install it from clockwork.

Thanks

OP
F

flyingsushi

Reaction score
Edit....nevermind..

I think my problem seems to be I can't get booststrap from the Rom Manager?

Should I go to the market and pay for Verizon Tab Bootstrapper for $2.99?

Edit again so I am not bumping.....I have an app that I think is causing a problem, startup auditor was blocking or not allowing a things to boot up. I am going to remove that app since I believe I will have that control with Liberty.

I repeated your steps, I am still stuck at install from clockwork? Was I suppose to reboot to recovery from here to install Liberty? I can't seem to get to recovery mode?

I repeated the process because I have an app called Rom Manager but I noticed in my Liberty Toolbox, there is a link to a Rom Manager there so I did it again using this. Maybe that was my problem? I also still didn't see bootstrap.

The problem now is, I was able to download Liberty. So it's running on my phone the only problem is I am not sure if I backed things up? My calender is gone and so are several apps?

Did I do this wrong? I am not sure what happened. I got this Liberty up and running but again, it does not appear to have saved my apps? What do I do?

Yes, I am wondering if I didn't back up properly or something. It's like starting over. I set my google acct stuff up but my other apps like I said are gone, including the ones I paid for like Liberty Toolbox, it did let me download it again in the apps market.

I am also missing half of the people in my contacts.

I hope I didn't skip a step and get ahead of myself.

OP
F

flyingsushi

Reaction score
Can anyone offer a suggestion? Here is my problem. I messed up and didn't proberly back things up with titanium backup and I just installed liberty 2.0. So I lost my contacts and all my apps.
It appears as if I can just go back to the market and reinstall them. However I have one app that is now not in the market since I installed liberty for some reason. It is called tvshowsstream. I paid for it and loved the app and really like to figure out how or if I can get it back?

Assuming I am not backed up correctly pre-liberty install what should I do from here? Should I back up with titanium now?

Thanks in advance,
Sushi