I need help choosing Droid X 2 or Bionic?

ToniG

Reaction score
Hello everyone Happy New Year! I have a Droid X 2 and I am thinking of trading it in for a Bionic but from what I'm hearing is basically if you don't mind being without a front faced camera & 4G don't bother because the Droid X 2 is the most solid Android phone out & does what it has to do! I Love my X 2 it's pretty fast beautiful screen & the picture is very astonishing the downplay it gets in forums are not true at all! What should I do?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Insidious

Reaction score
If you're happy with the X2 keep it. But the Bionic IMO is what the X2 should've been. You're getting essentially the same thing, but the Bionic has LTE, an FFC, and a new improved version of blur. On my moms X2 the blur is laggy and ugly. On the Bionic it seems alot faster and the 3D shiny honeycomb-esque look is quite nice looking IMO.

OP
T

ToniG

Reaction score
Thanx!

Hiker5208

Reaction score
Hello everyone Happy New Year! I have a Droid X 2 and I am thinking of trading it in for a Bionic but from what I'm hearing is basically if you don't mind being without a front faced camera & 4G don't bother because the Droid X 2 is the most solid Android phone out & does what it has to do! I Love my X 2 it's pretty fast beautiful screen & the picture is very astonishing the downplay it gets in forums are not true at all! What should I do?

I was using the X2 and got a good deal on the Bionic so decided to update. I thought the X2 was a good phone, but so far I like the Bionic better. It seems a bit less laggy and I had a few apps that were not compatible with the X2 that work on the Bionic. I got it for the lapdock capability when I can afford it mostly.

I live in an area without 4G, but when I happen to get into an area with it the speed is fantastic! I would go with the Bionic also due to the fact it is sure to get ICS and there is doubt as to whether that will happen with the X2. Personally, I think it will, but the Bionic is already announced to get it for sure.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
The Bionic is a good phone. Only major differences between the two are:

Bionic has a TI OMAP processor and the X2 has a Tegra2
Bionic has twice the RAM
Bionic has LTE, Webtop, 1080p video recording, and some other random things.

BUT there is something you should keep in mind.

Verizons LTE network is still in its developing stage. So hiccups happen, and at times they can be very annoying. If you live in a fringe LTE area it's possible you'll drop data from time to time. Then if there is an outage BOTH 3G and LTE on the Bionic will be very wonky. With the high possibility you could be COMPLETELY without cellular Data for a few hours.

If you really like your X2 I'd keep it. Bionic is a good phone, but the LTE network can really strain your patience.