I need a ton of help seriously please

runway500

Reaction score
so my brother and i decided to root his d2. He didnt know anything but i knew much from rooting my d1 and my tbolt. Knowing that the d2 has the bootloader deal i was already skeptical but hey tried it anyways.

I rooted the thing and everything went smooth then i put gb on it still smooth. my bro wanted liberty on it. as soon as i put gb on it i didnt even do #228 to activate it i just turned it right off so i could lay the liberty on it. Well i installed liberty on it and as soon as the phone came on all it was were FC'S back to back to back to back. so i turned the phone off so I could try to upload a nandroid back up from before. When i tried to upload the nandroid back up from froyo it took longer than usual then it said failed.

Now for the next hour i'm trying all type of stuff no results. i even boot it into another recovey im guessing and wipe/factory reset and reboot and nothing i'm stuck at the "M" logo. Next I try to sbf back to a later version, this is my first time with the whole sbf deal so I was confused. I download sbf for d2 2.3.2... something. I tried to flash it but it failed.I'm not sure if its bricked beyond help or what.thanks for any help in advance.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You should try to SBF back to Froyo, 2.3.20.

- Install RSD Lite 4.9
- Install MotoHelper w/ USB 5.0 driver
- Download SBF Froyo 2.3.20

- Hold the "up" arrow while powering on the handset (which should take you into bootloader mode)
- Load RSD Lite 4.9
- Unzip 2.3.20 SBF (and find it through RSD Lite)
- Connect your D2 and "Start"

It will take 10-15 minutes, and at the end, it may say "You need to manually restart your device," which is normal when I SBF.