I need a 12 step program

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
I won't even be able to get the GS4 until mid August and last night I broke down and bought a 32gb mem card, a grey brush metal case and an extended battery. Is that sick or what?

Caesars

Reaction score
I say beg for early upgrade!

GS4/iPhone5

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
I say beg for early upgrade!

God knows I've tried. LOL...no luck.

If you got the case mate brushed metal case take it back.

Really bad?? Hmm... well, it's due next week. I'm sure I can return it if it's really awful.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Really bad?? Hmm... well, it's due next week. I'm sure I can return it if it's really awful.

it wasn't too horrible i just didn't like how thick it made the phone with it on. i do like the lay on face protection but this case had too much. The phone sits down inside the case like 3mm.. i know 3 mm doesn't sound like much but when the phone is less then 8mm thick its quite a bit.

maybe im just being super picky... who knows you might like it.

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Bummer. I won't even know until August..

jseah

Reaction score
I bought my nephew an Incipio case when I got him the S4. The AT&T store carried it. It came in two variants, the below

Amazon.com: Incipio SA-379 DualPro Shine Case for Samsung Galaxy S4 - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Silver/Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

which has a brushed steel look and a black one which had a carbon fiber look.

It is a two piece case (soft silicone inner with a hard outer shell). It is a really nice case and does really add a whole lot of thickness to the phone. It is definitely thinner than an Otterbox commuter.

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
That is a nice looking back. But I just realized that with the extended battery, neither of those backs would be any good. Grrrrr.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
OK, let's work on that first step: time to admit you're powerless over your addiction and your life is becoming unmanageable. ;)

-Matt

bbtkd

Reaction score
I won't even be able to get the GS4 until mid August and last night I broke down and bought a 32gb mem card, a grey brush metal case and an extended battery. Is that sick or what?

Got access to an old dumb phone or feature phone - that requires no data plan? Depending on your carrier, register a new line, buying the S4 and associating it with that line. On the old line switch to the dumbphone and drop the data plan. Then switch the numbers - or just use the new one. This works on Verizon, and they have no issue with it - I've done it twice upon their suggestion. You'll have your phone early, and it will only cost you the monthly fee on that line, $9.99 on VZW, and of course the price of the S4 which you'd have later anyway. Then when your contract is up (December?), drop the extra line. YMMV.

melfunn

Reaction score

I can't upgrade till end of Aug. Samsung rep. in Best buy offered me an early upgrade for $50 on top of the $199.99 cost of phone & 2 yr contract. Still thinking about it. Might want to look into that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2