1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Dropped VZW and got the S4 tonight

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S4' started by Bluesman2008, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008 Member

LOL. I completely lost patience with VZW. So I switched to ATT and bought the beast tonight. I'll be up all night reading the manual but it's a done deal. So far so good. I've been able to transfer contacts, videos, photos and set up my email accounts. So far so good. Right now I've got it sitting on top of the cordless charger and it's charging away. I did buy an extended battery just in case, but after a full charge tonight, I'll see how much juice it goes through during the day. When I first got it, the brightness was set at half. When I cranked it up to full, mind boggling brightness...love it so far.
  2. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod Staff Member Premium Member

It is a great phone indeed. Does the GSM version come wireless charging enabled or did you have to buy the back cover or a wireless qi charging receiver?
  3. droidworld

droidworld New Member

What did Verizon do to make you jump ship?
  4. Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008 Member

Yes. Bought both and they work great. Charges really fast. I'll know how long a full charge takes tomorrow night. When I first got the phone, it was about 1/2 charged.

Basically, they lied to me. I called them last week and told them my upgrade date was 8/22 but I'd like an early upgrade. I was told, ok, we can do 30 days so you can get it 7/22. I said fine. Terrific. I called yesterday to confirm it and they told me, sorry, can't do it. I was furious. Told them I was with them for years, never missed a payment ever. No go. I told them I was off to ATT. They said I'd have to pay early out fee. I said "good luck collecting that". There's no way they're getting that money. Besides that, they were charging me much more per month for date amounts I wasn't nearly using. That's my own fault for not monitoring it more closely but I've got better things to do with my time.

LOL...in any event, I'm thrilled with the new phone. I'll be learning it over the next couple of days but, so far so good.
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  5. droidworld

droidworld New Member

I'm sorry that but gradulations on getting the s 4. I got mine over the weekend. Love it
  6. Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008 Member

There's a couple of apps I had on my rezound that I can't find in the store any more...grrrr
  7. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

Glad you got your new toy :)

You pretty much get an early update.. just sounds sad but furious and ask supervisor. I had a year and 1/2 left on my contract and talked my into using it early ... But your going to have to update your contract by 2 years.
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  8. Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008 Member

You got six months??? Wow.
  9. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

i had a year and 1/2 left on my contract...
  10. Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008 Member

Migod. Amazing.
  11. jseah

jseah New Member

Sometimes Verizon makes mistakes that benefits the customer. At the end of November 2011, I used my final annual upgrade (primary line) to get my daughter the Rezound on her line. Then in January 2012, I logged into My Verizon to pay my bill and my line showed that it was eligible for an upgrade. So due to a glitch, Verizon basically made my line eligible for an upgrade with 22 months left on my contract.

I think I know how this came about though. When I used the upgrade November 2011, the sales rep at the Verizon store used the upgrade on my line and put the phone on my daughter's line. A little over a month later, when I was in My Verizon, it prompted me that I needed to activate the Rezound on my line to complete the upgrade process or they would bill me the difference between the upgrade price and full retail. Apparently the sales rep must have used my upgrade, but never processed the acceptance of terms and conditions on my line. When I called into customer service, they said it was too late for me accept terms and conditions using their phone system, so they would need to mail me a written contract to sign and mail back. Once that was done, that process must have had reset my upgrade eligibility.
  12. cybertec69

cybertec69 Well-Known Member

I am sure there is more to his/her story than meets the eye.:blink:
  13. Knightrider03m

Knightrider03m New Member

I'm shocked that your threats didn't work. They have pulled the same thing with me a few times and after I threaten to leave them they would do what I want them to.
  14. Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008 Member

I thought so too. But no luck. From a business standpoint, they made a really stupid decision. The lost the $90 I pay them every month and the $200 for the phone. What kind of business sense does that make? I don't get it.
  15. Dalvik_Cache

Dalvik_Cache Super Moderator Premium Member

Sorry for the experience. I think you and I talked about the early upgrade in a different thread. Basically, it's an act of congress to get an early upgrade. Anyhow, if you don't pay the EDP they will send the NSA to your house! :p
  16. Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008 Member

Screw 'em LOL. I'm much too old to be worried about that.