I miss you, OG Droid

jefbystereo

Reaction score
I must be iin the minority but I can't wait to get rid of mine.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

crashN2u

Reaction score
I wish I had never sold mine....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

SkriptAsylum

Reaction score
Incredible- I was actually going to post a very similar thread! @poooookah78- Not to hijack your thread, but I actually want to hear more from anyone who kept their OG as a second 'phoneless' device. Mine was getting a bit sluggish toward the end and would forget [USB] transferred files for whatever reason. Rockin' the Bionic and love it, but would love to use the OG as a clean MP3/Pandora/gaming device. P.S. This is sorta like the day the warranty ends- hackers rejoice and say 'sweet, I can crack it open and utilize it for whatever!'

OP
P

poooookah78

Reaction score
Incredible- I was actually going to post a very similar thread! @poooookah78- Not to hijack your thread, but I actually want to hear more from anyone who kept their OG as a second 'phoneless' device. Mine was getting a bit sluggish toward the end and would forget [USB] transferred files for whatever reason. Rockin' the Bionic and love it, but would love to use the OG as a clean MP3/Pandora/gaming device. P.S. This is sorta like the day the warranty ends- hackers rejoice and say 'sweet, I can crack it open and utilize it for whatever!'

No worries at all man. The best part of having the phone is that you have a VERY reliable back up (dog ate my fiance's phone and she got an upgrade, but needed a phone for about a week, dusted off the droid, gave it to her, worked well for a week then she gave it back. I currently have it sitting on my huge computer desk (that I don't have a computer on now) and have it hooked up to the surround sound. I use grooveshark for my music on that phone and spotify on my GNEX - that being said, I play some chill music on the OG and just hang out. Honestly, it's a great light-weight web browsing device when you're sitting there and have just a few seconds to spare and you're in the WiFi range of your house/apt/wireless tether :)

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com

SBF back to froyo (much better battery life), get grooveip or gVoice for wifi calling and keep enjoying the OG without missing a beat.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
SBF back to froyo (much better battery life), get grooveip or gVoice for wifi calling and keep enjoying the OG without missing a beat.

Where you find the old GV? thought the internet calling was actually removed from the app or does current version work with groove?

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...

30psi

Reaction score
Still rockin' the OG Droid here, only problem with mine is the audio jack outputs in mono. I've tried many different roms, but rooted stock FRK76 works best for me, in terms of stability and battery life. Considering upgrade to Droid4, mainly for 4G speeds.

To the poster above: Use grooveip for google voice calls over wifi or 3/4G. There is also a beta for talkatone, the IOS equivalent. The official gvoice app won't do voip, but I have that installed to handle my text messages.

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
To many look at my signature.
You can make calls,text and send picture on talkatone is better then groove ip

Still rockin' the OG Droid here, only problem with mine is the audio jack outputs in mono. I've tried many different roms, but rooted stock FRK76 works best for me, in terms of stability and battery life. Considering upgrade to Droid4, mainly for 4G speeds.

To the poster above: Use grooveip for google voice calls over wifi or 3/4G. There is also a beta for talkatone, the IOS equivalent. The official gvoice app won't do voip, but I have that installed to handle my text messages.

boscher50

Reaction score
This phone is legitimately my favorite phone of all time... I will never forget this phone. It gives me the chills just thinking of how badass this phone is and was.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
This phone is legitimately my favorite phone of all time... I will never forget this phone. It gives me the chills just thinking of how badass this phone is and was.

I bought one on Swappa about 6 months ago, was in perfect condition - just to keep as a backup and for nostalgia purposes. :)

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I miss og droid it got stolen from when I left my bag unattended for 3 mins this June ugh...

Team DROID

stemo

Reaction score
I gave my OG to my mother to replace a LG ally that I had given her. She basically waits on my hand me down phones.

The OG wasn't my first Android but it is still one of my favorites. Started with LG ally(very crappy), OG D1, rezound, razr maxx and now the razr m.

bikevision

Reaction score
I'm back rocking my og. I bailed on vzw 2 years ago for sprint and the htc evo 4g. Worst mistake ever. Lost my unlimited data on vzw. Sprint services sucked from day one. I tried to go back but the damage was done. Just got out of my contract with sprint and hooked the droid up on straight talk. Been using the droid to play games and as mp3 all along. Evo was ok but never used 4g and service was 1x most of the time. Got to say glad to have the droid back in full action. Got a few bugs to work out but for $45 a month unlimited talk text n web I think I have a winner.

That is unless I can get my hands on a new s4 I may have to bail again.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Well someone in my neighborhood had the original droid trade it for my d2. My d4 got stolen from on I be original till my purchase of x

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2