1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

I miss you, OG Droid

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by poooookah78, Jan 3, 2012.

1. poooookah78

poooookah78 New Member

I bought the OG Droid in November of 2009 and loved it every day. I did so many great things with it from rooting to overclocking to wifi tethering to playing games and taking it with me to the gym using grooveshark for my daily music. Fast forward to last month, I got the Nexus. I love the nexus, it does everything I was hoping it could do and will continue to be the open source unlocked phone that the Droid was back in its day. I just wanted to say that for those of you who still have the OG, it was a fantastic phone and it should still continue to get love from its users.

I feel certain that this phone will continue to have an underground community that works on Roms, kernels, and OSs for the OG.

I currently keep my OG with me at all times. I have found many MANY uses for it, including:

- Running grooveshark through my speakers and having an entertainment system without being interrupted by phone calls/text messages.
    - GPS unit in the car (running tether with my nexus and having the OG on the mount works perfectly).
    - Emulator/gaming station for NES/SNES games - works perfectly with a wii mote bluetoothed.
    - Storage for pictures/files/music.
    - Dropbox app lets me access those files and upload them as well.
    - MANY MANY others....

Just thought I'd indulge in a little nostalgia here and mention this to everyone!
  2. Chizzele

Chizzele Team Sourcery Developer

I don't use it as much as you but i refuse to sell it, still have it ready to go when needed.
  3. angelbabii25

angelbabii25 New Member

I miss my OG droid so much lol:frown: i HAD to switch to the droid pro because my power button has become recessed and i couldnt do anything anymore. It really is a fantastic phone. It started it all, with out the OG droid idk how they would've come up with the droid 2, droid 3, droid pro etc.

4. droidaddict101

droidaddict101 New Member

Still using my og until march. Ice cream sandwich alpha on xda if you aren't aware. If you are aware and haven't tried it in a while, it has come a long way. Amazing. Long live the OG
  5. patmw123

patmw123 New Member

Yeah I've got it flashed on my little Wifi OG. Surprisingly, it works pretty decent, but if I was using my OG as my main phone, I'm not quite sure I could deal with the annoyances.
  6. droidaddict101

droidaddict101 New Member

Yeah that is true but the progress he has made in the past 3 weeks is pretty crazy so I'm hopeful a stable update will come along soon.
  7. azules9780

azules9780 New Member

I miss mine too. I was an early adopter of Android, not day off release but very soon thereafter and had I not dropped it, I would have still had it to this day. Tried to get a warranty replacement and all they had were Droid 2 star wars which while technically speaking it was an upgrade. But in actuality it was a downgrade. I missed my OG every day and still do. I feel like my nexus will carry on but there will always be a special place for the OG.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
  8. MrTommy

MrTommy New Member

Wow, what a great idea! I'm almost embarrassed to say I hadn't thought of actually USING my original Moto Droid, once I move on (and I'll be moving on sometime next month [Feb]). Taking and keeping pix and vids, playing the music that's currently stored on it, etc.

Thanks Pooo... :icon_ lala:
  9. budlight4me

budlight4me New Member

I love my OG, finally went out n tested these new devices (razr, gnex, etc.) I have to say I'm staying with OG....those phones feel like plastic toys
  10. wojtalsd

wojtalsd New Member

Still rolling with my OG I have an upgrade in Feb. Not sure which phone to roll with. Might just keep my OG as a backup though!
  11. thaDroidz

thaDroidz New Member

With you on this one bro...
    Prices gotta come down a lot before I give in.....
    Maybe D4 will be the answer....

Did notice dinc2 on Amazon for. 01...
    Got 2 already and they are nice...
    Its only 3g.
    posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...
  12. xxwabbit

xxwabbit Member

Gonna mount mine in a picture frame and mount it on the wall..j/k! My wife thinks she is going to take it over..hahahahahha! OG still going strong here with my original purchase going on 2 yrs. dancedroid
  13. Redls1bird

Redls1bird New Member

I bought mine day after launch. (had to make sure it was as good as rumored) Switched to VZW from ATT (second smartest move i made behind the purchase of the OG itself). Ive loved this phone ever since. It is the Benchmark all other phones are measured against. I've yet to find one that comes close to the feel of quality in your hand, or the perfect size.

Ive since upgraded to the Droid 3 and completely regret it. The main reason for the jump is I cracked the screen on my 2 year old droid and took advantage of my upgrade. Now im probably gonna sell my D3, and continue using my wifes old OG (she's since upgraded to the nexus) until something truly worth while comes out.

I truly love this little phone. It is unparallelled in my opinion.
  14. captdroid

captdroid New Member

I honestly don't miss my D1. Don't get me wrong. Great phone! But truthfully my Gnex destroys my D1 in all regards for me. :biggrin: I am keeping my D1 though. :icon_ lala: But I have kept all my cell phones over the years. :p
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  15. Dave12308

Dave12308 New Member

I refused to sell mine, but when a good friend was in real need of a working phone and couldn't afford a decent one; I passed it on to him for free. Better it live on in someone elses hands, rather than in a drawer because I am overly nostalgic. For him, it was like receiving the absolute latest and greatest device out there.
  16. jefbystereo

jefbystereo New Member

I must be iin the minority but I can't wait to get rid of mine.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  17. crashN2u

crashN2u New Member

I wish I had never sold mine....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  18. SkriptAsylum

SkriptAsylum New Member

Incredible- I was actually going to post a very similar thread! @poooookah78- Not to hijack your thread, but I actually want to hear more from anyone who kept their OG as a second 'phoneless' device. Mine was getting a bit sluggish toward the end and would forget [USB] transferred files for whatever reason. Rockin' the Bionic and love it, but would love to use the OG as a clean MP3/Pandora/gaming device. P.S. This is sorta like the day the warranty ends- hackers rejoice and say 'sweet, I can crack it open and utilize it for whatever!'
  19. poooookah78

poooookah78 New Member

No worries at all man. The best part of having the phone is that you have a VERY reliable back up (dog ate my fiance's phone and she got an upgrade, but needed a phone for about a week, dusted off the droid, gave it to her, worked well for a week then she gave it back. I currently have it sitting on my huge computer desk (that I don't have a computer on now) and have it hooked up to the surround sound. I use grooveshark for my music on that phone and spotify on my GNEX - that being said, I play some chill music on the OG and just hang out. Honestly, it's a great light-weight web browsing device when you're sitting there and have just a few seconds to spare and you're in the WiFi range of your house/apt/wireless tether :)
  20. prime

prime Kernel Developer Premium Member Developer

SBF back to froyo (much better battery life), get grooveip or gVoice for wifi calling and keep enjoying the OG without missing a beat.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Search tags for this page
best games for og droid
i miss my droid 3
i miss my og droid
i miss the o.g. droid

og droid

og droid games
og droid razr
www.themes.imiss.yoĆ¹.x2.05.com.