I just upgraded by Bionic

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Way better. The extended was bulky and really increased the weight.

The phone feels way better with the standard.

Also with the extended I never went below 70% anyway so clearly I don't need it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Dejuanxg

Reaction score
Works you also say its better in battery life the standard battery that its?

Never mind I just read you're post did you use a car dock with you're extended battery?

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Of course the extended had better battery life but it's not worth the bulk.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
No my car dock is my cup holder

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I totally see what you're saying, but personally I like the added bulk. It's not THAT much, especially compared to other ext. batteries, and I have a bad habit of putting things on my lap and forgetting them when I stand up, so it's nice to have that added weight to remind me not to be a dumb ass. I do love the way the standard battery feels and I especially love that my silicone case fits it perfectly, but now I have 0 worries about battery life, can have everything sync constantly, and won't stand up with something nice on my lap, sending it flying, only to crash hard.

I thought you hated your Bionic anyways? Just sell it on Ebay and apply that money to the extra $9.99 a month for getting a new line w/ a new phone. I think you're aware of what's around the corner.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
When I took the bulk off it made a huge difference for me personally. I prefer thin and light. I can understand why some people like you would want it though.

I do like the Bionic. Don't get me wrong. I would just have preferred the RAZR. A new line wouldn't give me unlimited data like my grandfathered line so it's not a solution.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
When I took the bulk off it made a huge difference for me personally. I prefer thin and light. I can understand why some people like you would want it though.

I do like the Bionic. Don't get me wrong. I would just have preferred the RAZR. A new line wouldn't give me unlimited data like my grandfathered line so it's not a solution.

Well actually in my case with the X2 I just opened a new line with the Bionic and put an old phone on the X2 line and was still grandfathered in with the new one. She originally said I wouldn't be, but then said I would. I think they just say you won't honestly, but for now you still can be. I've also read of this happening to a few others.

OR

You can open a new line with whatever phone you want, then put an old phone on THAT line and put the new one on your Bionic line. This should be even more of a guarantee you'll get unlimited. I did the first option though about a week after release and have unlimited. You'll also have freed up your Bionic to then sell it. Throw in the extended battery and you'll get a better offer. Just sayin...

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
The cost of a new line would just be too much. I am still going to try to get them to do the right thing and exchange it.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Lol, there is no doing the right thing in the corporate world of smartphones. Sorry dude. What you'll get for the Bionic will definitely cover the new line plus a little extra to put towards whatever (as long as you don't spend it all at once). I hear ya though, I hated my X2, so just trying to help out.

Now IF the update didn't fix the main issues, which I'm SURE it will, I will personally lead a revolution against VZW to "do the right thing." Hey it worked in Libya, why not Verizon!

thunder550

Reaction score
I just ditched my extended battery as well....I didn't mind it at first but the more I played with the phone the more I hated the extra bulk. The phone feels fantastic with the standard battery after being used to the extended one. Battery life isn't the greatest obviously, I could go a full day of moderate usage on the extended, but with the standard I had to go buy a second battery with the battery dock. Much happier now.