I just upgraded by Bionic

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by SSHGuru, Oct 21, 2011.

1. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

From the extended Battery to the Standard.

Wow, what a difference.
  2. Dejuanxg

Dejuanxg New Member

Better our worse?
  3. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

Way better. The extended was bulky and really increased the weight.

The phone feels way better with the standard.

Also with the extended I never went below 70% anyway so clearly I don't need it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  4. Dejuanxg

Dejuanxg New Member

Works you also say its better in battery life the standard battery that its?

Never mind I just read you're post did you use a car dock with you're extended battery?
  5. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

Of course the extended had better battery life but it's not worth the bulk.

6. Dejuanxg

Dejuanxg New Member

Read my post again I made a edit.
  7. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

No my car dock is my cup holder

8. justicw

justicw New Member

wana sell the extended battery/cover?
  9. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

How much?
  10. k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t Well-Known Member

I totally see what you're saying, but personally I like the added bulk. It's not THAT much, especially compared to other ext. batteries, and I have a bad habit of putting things on my lap and forgetting them when I stand up, so it's nice to have that added weight to remind me not to be a dumb ass. I do love the way the standard battery feels and I especially love that my silicone case fits it perfectly, but now I have 0 worries about battery life, can have everything sync constantly, and won't stand up with something nice on my lap, sending it flying, only to crash hard.

I thought you hated your Bionic anyways? Just sell it on Ebay and apply that money to the extra $9.99 a month for getting a new line w/ a new phone. I think you're aware of what's around the corner.
  11. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

When I took the bulk off it made a huge difference for me personally. I prefer thin and light. I can understand why some people like you would want it though.

I do like the Bionic. Don't get me wrong. I would just have preferred the RAZR. A new line wouldn't give me unlimited data like my grandfathered line so it's not a solution.
  12. k1ngr4t

Well actually in my case with the X2 I just opened a new line with the Bionic and put an old phone on the X2 line and was still grandfathered in with the new one. She originally said I wouldn't be, but then said I would. I think they just say you won't honestly, but for now you still can be. I've also read of this happening to a few others.

OR

You can open a new line with whatever phone you want, then put an old phone on THAT line and put the new one on your Bionic line. This should be even more of a guarantee you'll get unlimited. I did the first option though about a week after release and have unlimited. You'll also have freed up your Bionic to then sell it. Throw in the extended battery and you'll get a better offer. Just sayin...
  13. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

The cost of a new line would just be too much. I am still going to try to get them to do the right thing and exchange it.
  14. k1ngr4t

Lol, there is no doing the right thing in the corporate world of smartphones. Sorry dude. What you'll get for the Bionic will definitely cover the new line plus a little extra to put towards whatever (as long as you don't spend it all at once). I hear ya though, I hated my X2, so just trying to help out.

Now IF the update didn't fix the main issues, which I'm SURE it will, I will personally lead a revolution against VZW to "do the right thing." Hey it worked in Libya, why not Verizon!
  15. thunder550

thunder550 Member

I just ditched my extended battery as well....I didn't mind it at first but the more I played with the phone the more I hated the extra bulk. The phone feels fantastic with the standard battery after being used to the extended one. Battery life isn't the greatest obviously, I could go a full day of moderate usage on the extended, but with the standard I had to go buy a second battery with the battery dock. Much happier now.
  16. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

Yeah for now the extended battery will sit at the house collecting dust until I go on some trip.

Otherwise I have places to charge the phone all over so I don't need it.
  17. cbrmike

cbrmike New Member

I use both and I like the extended better, the standard makes the phone feel like a prop phone imo.
  18. jspencer67

jspencer67 New Member

I simply can not get by a day without the extended battery.....in fact I will usually have to plus it in by the time I get home because it is around 10% left. I use the one cover that verizon was selling and it accomdated the extended battery alreasy so it wasnt much of a difference to me. I dont know if I am just that much of a ridiculous power user or what but my battery drains so freaking quickly.
  19. thunder550

thunder550 Member

I can't make it through a full day on the standard battery either. I either have to plug in while I'm at work (left a USB cable there plugged into the computer) or swap batteries when I get home. I know some people like the extra weight of the extended, I thought I did too at first, but it got to a point where I couldn't stand it. The option of either plugging in during the day or swapping in a fresh battery when I get home works great for me now. I'm sure some others wouldn't like it though.