I just came to the dark side Any tips will help

autostart26

Reaction score
I've had iPhones since they came out but just traders my iPhone 5 for aHTD DNA and love it so far so much more things to customize and do and love the screen anytip and tricks are welcome and appreciated thanks:icon_ lala:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Awesome and welcome to the board!

A few apps I recommend:
Clean Master
Greenify (if rooted)
AirDroid
Icon Changer free
Pocket
SMS Backup & Restore
Titanium Backup (if rooted)
SwiftKey (my personal keyboard of choice, but there are other great options out there)
Light Flow Lite (not sure if the Rezound has an LED indicator, but if it does this app if very helpful)
Chrome to Phone
Autorun Manager (if rooted)
Screebl

One tip I do have for you that'll save you a bit of battery life (and as long as you don't need these settings) would be.
1. Go to Google Settings
2. Location
3. Turn off "Location reporting" and "Location history"

I'd also suggest anything that auto-refreshes that you have them at longer intervals or turn them off altogether and just update them manually when needed.

Congrats on picking up the DNA. I'm sure you'll run into some things you like more and less coming from the iPhone 5, but you picked up a great phone and should enjoy your Android experience. I'm sure others will chime in with their favorite apps and some more tips.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Congrats on the DNA and welcome aboard!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What I found worked for me to acclimate to Android was using the menu button often, long pressing the screen often and when things got frustrating use the home button. Having a back button for the first time may also take a little bit to get used to. Being able to tell your phone which app to use by default also may take a bit of time to adjust to but it sure is nice. No longer will the browser, keyboard, camera, etc be decided for you by some nerd in a cubicle unless that nerd in that cubicle is you.
As far as any special things you might appreciate greatly, I'd suggest look on the Play store for toggle widgets or apps. Instant volume changing, brightness changing, radio on/off toggles are very handy on the fly.
I'd also suggest look at launchers. They are home screen user interface apps that allow you to truly make your phone you beyond the stock.
Have fun and welcome to Android and this forum.
A couple of apps I'd like to mention are Color Notes, for note taking, calendar, etc and Power Amp music player for taking your music playing ability to the next level.
Support Our Troops! !!!
<><
From a Beano