I have a request

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
G2x

Naa.. just a happy user that wants to see the magic keeps going.. :)

I was excited earlier seeing an "official update" about the bionic over at the news section.. after reading into it i left an unimpressed comment. If not for this rom that keeps me happy i would probebly go back to a razor.. :blink:

g2x g2x g2x :)
im not buying the hyp on the bionic/targa they will throw a 50mp camera on it and see see noone has it . i dont see what it can have other than more ram over the g2x. if they have more than dualcore by summer i will be extremely surprised. so other than ram im not seeing what they will have maybe 1.5 dual core taht will fly :) but if they put that mhl port on it its wortless streaming video eats battey hdmi mirroring eats it more and if you cant charge it than it wont last very long :) the mhl standard does allow charging over the hdmi but there are no tv's out there that support it as of yet. and i know g2x is not locked. but we will have to see what the targa brings . that is if verizon ever gets there 4g turned back on :)

OP
M

megna22

Reaction score
It's not downloading anything it's looking on my sd card for it. atleast it did with the theme

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Did it open the blue terminal screen that had the download progress in it? Did it finish and reboot?

If you are on Clockwork recovery it would install and reboot automatically, if you are on RZ recovery (never tried myself) it should boot you into it after install is complete and you will need to flash it manually... I just tested it and so did Eagle (the developer) so i know it works. If it still wont you might want to completely wipe and reflash the Rom.

OP
M

megna22

Reaction score
I think I know the problem. I never flashed Gapps you think that might be it! DUH Now I feel stupid

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com

I was excited earlier seeing an "official update" about the bionic over at the news section.. after reading into it i left an unimpressed comment. If not for this rom that keeps me happy i would probebly go back to a razor.. :blink:

im not buying the hyp on the bionic/targa they will throw a 50mp camera on it and see see noone has it . i dont see what it can have other than more ram over the g2x. if they have more than dualcore by summer i will be extremely surprised. so other than ram im not seeing what they will have maybe 1.5 dual core taht will fly :) but if they put that mhl port on it its wortless streaming video eats battey hdmi mirroring eats it more and if you cant charge it than it wont last very long :) the mhl standard does allow charging over the hdmi but there are no tv's out there that support it as of yet. and i know g2x is not locked. but we will have to see what the targa brings . that is if verizon ever gets there 4g turned back on :)

g2x will probably be it.. i actually emailed Kira, the rap that posted that press release, got a surprisingly fast response saying she's got nothing other then that release for me.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com

g2x will probably be it.. i actually emailed Kira, the rap that posted that press release, got a surprisingly fast response saying she's got nothing other then that release for me.

i dont understand

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I think I know the problem. I never flashed Gapps you think that might be it! DUH Now I feel stupid

That is definitely a big part, your contacts cant sync back to the phone without the gapps. I think you are not able to sign in to your Google account on the phone without gapps.

Try to reflash the whole thing to make sure you are not leaving anything behind.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
The original post talked about in the thread is on the Moto website:

Motorola Mobility, Inc. - Media Center - Fact Sheets - The New DROID BIONIC: Coming Soon

The New DROID BIONIC: Coming Soon

Jan. 05, 2011

Motorola Mobility delivered the original DROID in 2009, an award winning device and one of the most successful smartphones launched. The company followed with the DROID X, DROID 2 Global, and DROID PRO. We believe the DROID BIONIC will have those same award winning features and will be one of the best 4G LTE devices on the market.

Motorola's DROID BIONIC LTE smartphone, first announced at this year's International Consumer Electronics Show, will launch this summer with Verizon Wireless. Based on compelling feedback since the show, we are incorporating several enhancements to make this an even better consumer experience. This includes expanded features, functionality and an improved form factor. Motorola Mobility and Verizon Wireless are very excited about bringing the 'new' DROID BIONIC to market.

Media Contacts (for media and analysts only):

Kira Golin"

Kira - the lady who posted it got an email from me asking about the bionic. but she just referred me back to release and wouldn't say more.

OP
M

megna22

Reaction score
No when I flashed the rom all the google stuff was their thats why I didn't flash gapps

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
did you wipe

No when I flashed the rom all the google stuff was their thats why I didn't flash gapps

did you install through rommanger tht may have installed gapps for you.
if you installed the rom than there is noway to have the google apps unless you didnt wipe.

OP
M

megna22

Reaction score
no I used RZR and I used the full rom off the website. I'm telling you it installed google apps it was their when I booted my phone for the first time