I guess I won't need the extended battery

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
I got the extended battery for my S4 before I even got the phone. I assumed that, with all that horsepower under the hood, I'd need the extra juice. Wrong. At the end of the day with the typical amount of useage, I've still got 20%-30% power left. I'm pleased as hell. The only problem I'm having is setting up my email account. I got gmail working instantly but my personal email ain't happening. On the phone with tech support as we speak.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
How much thicker does the extended battery make the phone? I'm thinking about picking one up myself.

bbtkd

Reaction score
I got the extended battery for my S4 before I even got the phone. I assumed that, with all that horsepower under the hood, I'd need the extra juice. Wrong. At the end of the day with the typical amount of useage, I've still got 20%-30% power left. I'm pleased as hell. The only problem I'm having is setting up my email account. I got gmail working instantly but my personal email ain't happening. On the phone with tech support as we speak.

Try K9 Mail. Many find it superior to the built in Email app.

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

Who is your email provider? My email simply worked.

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
How much thicker does the extended battery make the phone? I'm thinking about picking one up myself.

It's about double the thickness the battery and bigger back. It's the 5200 mAh. For someone who's a power user, it probably doubles the capacity of the phone.

Bet blues has one he would sell you cheap!

You betcha. Real cheap. PM me *g*. Got no use for it and it's still brand new. Never attached to the phone.

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Who is your email provider? My email simply worked.

Finally figured it out. I put in the pop server name and left out one character...having a senior moment here. Mail works great now.

Last edited:

tc1

Reaction score
The stock battery life is pretty damn impressive.

That coupled with the quick charge technology built into the chipset and a bigger battery isn't necessary.

Especially if you turn off the data radios (and phone radio if you want) the phone charges crazy fast.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I still do not see why people go buy those ugly extended battery cases and extended batteries, I mean how difficult is it to open the back of the phone and insert a fresh 2600 mah battery into their phone, and keep the phone the size it was meant to be. A spare battery with external battery charger go for like $15, a spare battery in your pocket takes hardly if any space, and how often do you need that extra juice anyways, yes there can be days where you might need it, but not to the extend as to make your phone look like a small whale:icon_eek: on a daily basis. I know myself if I am going to be out without a charging port for a long time, then I will just carry a spare battery in my pocket, for the days that it is not necessary I leave the battery at home, even though I could lug it along "you know those extra .5 ounces might weigh me down":biggrin:.