I guess I won't need the extended battery

bbtkd

Reaction score
I still do not see why people go buy those ugly extended battery cases and extended batteries, I mean how difficult is it to open the back of the phone and insert a fresh 2600 mah battery into their phone, and keep the phone the size it was meant to be. A spare battery with external battery charger go for like $15, a spare battery in your pocket takes hardly if any space, and how often do you need that extra juice anyways, yes there can be days where you might need it, but not to the extend as to make your phone look like a small whale:icon_eek: on a daily basis. I know myself if I am going to be out without a charging port for a long time, then I will just carry a spare battery in my pocket, for the days that it is not necessary I leave the battery at home, even though I could lug it along "you know those extra .5 ounces might weigh me down":biggrin:.

Some don't want to juggle two batteries, keeping them both charged, having to power off the phone to switch batteries, stressing the back cover, possibly having to take it out of a case and put it back in. I agree that the huge ungainly batteries/backs that are incompatible with cases and holsters are ridiculous, but the ones designed to give a moderate boost while still working with accessories can be acceptable to some.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Some don't want to juggle two batteries, keeping them both charged, having to power off the phone to switch batteries, stressing the back cover, possibly having to take it out of a case and put it back in. I agree that the huge ungainly batteries/backs that are incompatible with cases and holsters are ridiculous, but the ones designed to give a moderate boost while still working with accessories can be acceptable to some.
You did read my post I hope, extra battery WITH charger, so no need to keep switching batteries to charge the "spare" extra one.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trk...S0&_nkw=galaxy+s4++battery&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Last edited:
Reaction score
What is your source for this? Seems unlikely. What is the SPAM - is it encouraging them to use K9? KY?

like i said it happened to me the 2 times i tried k9 and a buddy of mine. once you uninstall it sends a email to all your email contacts with a link to click on. i contacted the app maker and got no response

bbtkd

Reaction score
like i said it happened to me the 2 times i tried k9 and a buddy of mine. once you uninstall it sends a email to all your email contacts with a link to click on. i contacted the app maker and got no response

I'm surprised that malicious code would be in K9 since it is supported by a team of 31 volunteers, and the source is open.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score

I know quite a bit about SPAM controls and your original statement is pure Barbara Streisand. First of all I have uninstalled K-9 from 3 Android devices, (replaced by Kaiten [K-10]) and not even the most likely account, (the G-Mail account I was using it for), got any SPAM. You said "all" your accounts. That would only be possible if you had a SPAMbot on your Android device and that hasn't been done as far as I know and is very unlikely at best.

davidwilp

Reaction score
Try MailDroid. I LOVE this app. I tried K9 and all the rest. This is the only one that I could get to push email with yahoo.

m3incorp

Reaction score
You did read my post I hope, extra battery WITH charger, so no need to keep switching batteries to charge the "spare" extra one.
galaxy s4 battery | eBay

:icon_eek: Uhhhh say what? What would be the purpose of a spare battery if you don't intend to switch out the other battery to install the freshly charged one? I think the post that you are referring to is saying that the act of installing that spare battery (whenever, you do) might put stress on the back cover from removing constantly. I prefer an external battery charger and keep a 7500mah for those times I may want to plug my phone into it. I use to carry a spare battery back in the Blackberry days and it did become a pain in the butt to power off and remove rear cover to install the spare battery....but of course back then, there were no cheap external battery chargers. Note: When I say external battery charger, I am referring to a charger that you PLUG your phone into.