I got an OTA update this morning on my dish

nateccnn

Reaction score
on my Dish ViP 722. Doesn't Motorola make those units for Echostar? You think they used Bitphonhe to push that update? You think I'll be able to root my DVR now? LOL

Sorry...had to lighten it up a little for all those folks itching for the 2.1 update.

I wonder if I have 1080P from Dish now.

Nate

SCUBA-GUY

Reaction score
Used to work for Dish as an installer. Doubt they will offer 1080P anytime soon unfortunately. The bandwidth needed for that is staggering. Maybe if they get that dedicated HD satellite up but then there is the problem of networks supplying the signal.

skiahh

Reaction score
Used to work for Dish as an installer. Doubt they will offer 1080P anytime soon unfortunately. The bandwidth needed for that is staggering. Maybe if they get that dedicated HD satellite up but then there is the problem of networks supplying the signal.

Guess that proves installers don't always know the tech side of the house. Dish has been advertising 1080p for a while now. You're right, there is no broadcast source for 1080p, but there are movies on demand in Bluray 1080p that they're supposedly broadcasting.

That said, I don't have Dish and don't know if they're compressing it and thereby losing all the oomph of Blueray/1080p.

OP
N

nateccnn

Reaction score
...wow.......

It was supposed to be a joke but the mods changed the title of the post. Guess they didn't think I was that funny. May as well delete the whole thread since the thread title was changed.

Nate

vegainey

Reaction score
...wow.......

It was supposed to be a joke but the mods changed the title of the post. Guess they didn't think I was that funny. May as well delete the whole thread since the thread title was changed.

Nate

Sorry. Sense of humor has temporarily been disabled due to elevated stress levels caused by lack of immediate delivery of OTA Updates.

Please suspend all attempts to be funny until further notice.

or not... :icon_ banana: