I can't find the bootstrap for this phone.

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
Hi, I can't seem to find bootstrap.apk for this phone anywhere. Is it removed? Could addictive please link me to a working one?

Also what is this new stuff do like safetrap and touchtrap? Thanks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Check the hacks section for the Droid Razr Utility, will install Bootstrap for you plus many other amazing things.

OP
A

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
Check the hacks section for the Droid Razr Utility, will install Bootstrap for you plus many other amazing things.

I already have root, what else is there that is amazing lol?

OP
A

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
Are you talking about safeStrap?

Yeah and touchtrap. and is there not a apk of bootstrap so not have to use PC lol..?

Is this the latest or stable?
http://www.mediafire.com/?3b8ka26kk2zpw5l

Last edited:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I already have root, what else is there that is amazing lol?

Install Bootstrap
Install Safestrap
Fastboot back to 173
Root
UnRoot

The question is not what can you do with that utility, the question is what can't you do. Short answer? Make toast, but I am sure it is coming.

OP
A

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
Install Bootstrap
Install Safestrap
Fastboot back to 173
Root
UnRoot

The question is not what can you do with that utility, the question is what can't you do. Short answer? Make toast, but I am sure it is coming.

I've been hearing bad things about safestrap.(I looked it up since no one helped me to understand it here.) I still would like to just install bootstrap with apk. I asked if that link I posted was latest or stable but no answers.

Thanks btw though for that program, I rooted my phone another way but now I can unroot if need lol..

RedTarget

Reaction score
Safestrap can be a life safer if you like to flash as many roms as possible day to day. See it as being able to dual boot os's. You have one OS that is "safe" and protected from any other OS that you may want to flash and/or tinker with. Then you have another system of which you can flash your roms to. If anything were to go wrong, you can return to your safe system without it being harmed by any wipes the 2nd system may have required. The difficult part comes with the wording within safestrap itself. When you want to get into your 2nd system, the one that isn't safe, you actually go into the menu and activate "Safe System". So while in your "Safe System" you're actually in your non-safe system.

The nice thing about safestrap is that it can save you if you ever get into a boot loop. Before you device boots, you have an option to go into Safestrap Recovery or continue booting. If you do nothing it will boot into whatever system you last used in 10 seconds. However you can press the Menu key on your phone and go into Safestrap Recovery. This may not be the best description as I'm just getting off of my lunch break... but I hope it helps!

EDIT: Word of caution!!! Do NOT use both Safestrap and Bootstrap at the same time. Make sure that only one is installed at a time.

Last edited: