Can you assign individual ringtones to text messages with individual contacts?

sarabush1968

Reaction score
Hi,

I just got my Razr and so far I love the phone but I can't seem to find anyone who knows if you can take an individual contact (like my daughter) and assign her a different ringtone for when I receive her text messages...I have looked everywhere and can't seem to find anywhere where you can do it. It seems like it would be strange if I could do it on my Storm but can't on a new droid razr....
Thanks guys!!

SallyC

Reaction score
Hi,

I just got my Razr and so far I love the phone but I can't seem to find anyone who knows if you can take an individual contact (like my daughter) and assign her a different ringtone for when I receive her text messages...I have looked everywhere and can't seem to find anywhere where you can do it. It seems like it would be strange if I could do it on my Storm but can't on a new droid razr....
Thanks guys!!

I opened up a Google contact, hit the menu button, then Options and see you can select Ringtone there. Hopefully that will work for you.

dmisc

Reaction score
If you are talking about notifications for text messages, I think you can do it with Handcent app. If its just ringtones, you can do it the way sally has recommended. You can also get the app called Ringo, which will let you customize both ringtones and notifications for each individual or group of people.

gaj5675

Reaction score
The stock messaging app doesn't allow individual ringtone assignment. A third party app like handcent is customizable.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
S

sarabush1968

Reaction score
I did download handcent and it allows me to assign an individual contact a text message ringtone different than my general one. I tried sms popup first but that was terrible and I havent had a problem since with handcent. Thanks!