I Bricked My New Droid 2 Global :( HELP!!!

kunwar

Reaction score
Ok. I flashed Liberty Rom 1.5 on my droid 2 global upon reboot I found my phone stuck on the liberty screen for about 15 min before I pulled out the battery. It is now stuck on bootloader screen. I tried loading 2.3.29 and 2.3.33 sbf via rsd lite but after 100% I get an error Flashing Failed and just before that I get one of the drivers has malfunctioned
Please Help SOS

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Make sure you get the d2g sbf, not the d2....

Try booting into recovery (hold x while booting, hit search on the keyboard when the triangle appears) and wipe data/factory reset.

Also, why are you using 1.5? 2.0.1 has been out for about a month now. Its in the Liberty- X section. Make sure to flash the grd romer and look on pg8 of the "Liberty 2.0 works with Romer v7" thread in the grd section. there's an attachment that you need in order for it to not lose data. Id link you to everything but on phone =/

Sent from an Angelic D2G

OP
K

kunwar

Reaction score
Search for the sbf file for the d2. Instructions will probably be in that post. Try going to your backup first (you do have one right?). Sbf wipes the phone. Reroot and flash your favorite ROM.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Yes. I did root it with zroot and installed recovery. I did download the sbf and tried it via rsb but it doesnt work.
Do you know how I can charge my battery while I am in this state. I must have doen sbf maybe like 5 times maybe more but It doesnt seem to work now i get a flashing messge battery low

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Search for the sbf file for the d2. Instructions will probably be in that post. Try going to your backup first (you do have one right?). Sbf wipes the phone. Reroot and flash your favorite ROM.

Yes. I did root it with zroot and installed recovery. I did download the sbf and tried it via rsb but it doesnt work.
Do you know how I can charge my battery while I am in this state. I must have doen sbf maybe like 5 times maybe more but It doesnt seem to work now i get a flashing messge battery low

You either need another battery or a charger that the battery plugs into.

After sbf'ing did you beet into stock recovery and wipe data/factory reset?

Sent from an Angelic D2G

kingsway8605

Reaction score

How did it "not work?"

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
K

kunwar

Reaction score
Make sure you get the d2g sbf, not the d2....

Try booting into recovery (hold x while booting, hit search on the keyboard when the triangle appears) and wipe data/factory reset.

Also, why are you using 1.5? 2.0.1 has been out for about a month now. Its in the Liberty- X section. Make sure to flash the grd romer and look on pg8 of the "Liberty 2.0 works with Romer v7" thread in the grd section. there's an attachment that you need in order for it to not lose data. Id link you to everything but on phone =/

Sent from an Angelic D2G

After reading your reply I tried holding x while pressing the on button but it still is on boot loader as a matter of fact the minut I put the battery it comes on bootloader screen.

OP
K

kunwar

Reaction score

Sent from an Angelic D2G

I just put my phone on charge with the plug will it work?? I dont see the light and the low battery is still flashing.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Sent from an Angelic D2G

I just put my phone on charge with the plug will it work?? I dont see the light and the low battery is still flashing.

No, the phone can't charge in the bootloader or in recovery modes.

Sent from an Angelic D2G

OP
K

kunwar

Reaction score
Thanks guys for taking time to try to help me out. its night time in India I will try to figure out a way to charge my battery and will be back tomorrow

leobg

Reaction score

Sent from an Angelic D2G

Battery will not charge in the phone if phone cannot boot properly. You will need either external charger, or to charge battery in another (working) phone. Alternatively you can make yourself MOTO USB flashing cable (check TBH for that).

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Ok. I flashed Liberty Rom 1.5 on my droid 2 global upon reboot I found my phone stuck on the liberty screen for about 15 min before I pulled out the battery. It is now stuck on bootloader screen.
Keep in mind that you have a D2G. This is not a D2. The phone is almost exactly the same aside from a CPU upgrade and the radio(read cellular antenna, not FM radio). As the others point out, go with Liberty 2.0.1 next time, and do your research if you dont want to end up with a brick. You need the Romer V7 tool located in the Get R Done forum. You have to flash this directly after you flash liberty or else you bootloop. If you used the romer, chances are it would have booted up just fine.

Please Help SOS
Not being mean, but we know you need help, and everyone here is glad to help when they get a chance to. We all have lives outside the forum.

but it doesnt work.
We are glad to help but please always provide details. "It doesn't work" could always be a number of problems. If you take a vehicle to a mechanic are you going to to tell him "My vehicle doesnt work" or would you say something like I hear a grinding when I try to stop? Do you go the doctor and say "doc my body hurts" or would you say "My arm/leg/neck/whatever hurts?"

Not trying to lecture you hear just trying to tell you how we can better assist you in the future. Good luck on your next install of Liberty. You wont regret it!

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
You need the Romer V7 tool located in the Get R Done forum. You have to flash this directly after you flash liberty or else you bootloop. If you used the romer, chances are it would have booted up just fine.

Just wanted to correct ya on something..... It will still boot fine without the romer, you just wont be able to get service at all. So no, it wouldnt have made a difference if had flashed it right after....