Droid 2 Global Help. Soft Bricked

duvious

Reaction score
I have read many, many pages on how to reflash this phone. I am in the process of flashing it using Ubuntu, I installed it over my windows machine yesterday. This will be the last thing I try. I no longer have a Windows machine and I hope I won't need it. However, I would love some input on how to fix this Droid 2 Global phone. The guy who owns it tried to flash the wrong ROM for it. I did this on my Droid X but was able to fix it but this one is kicking my butt.

Here is the deal:
When I put the battery in it reads Bootloader D0.11

Code Corrupt

OK to Program, etc...

I tried the RSD Lite and it failed at the last step.
RSD Lite did not recognize my phone specifically, it just showed a device.

I think the problem is I do not have the USB drivers installed. (This is not my phone so they were not installed before the phone went down. It looks like I need a working phone to be able to install the correct drivers.)

Is there a way to install the drivers without having a working phone first? Or am I way off base?

It looks like I need the drivers regardless of how I flash it.

I appreciate any and all input as I try to fix my friend's phone.

Thanks,

Todd

Aversion

Reaction score
I am having the same problem so I am subscribing to this thread.

OP
duvious

duvious

Reaction score

bfederspill

Reaction score
I use this way also and it never fails. Linux is a lot easier than windows SBF. Follow the instructions on the link to the letter though. Be sure to put the files in the "home folder". Once you figure it out, you'll never use windows again.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk