I am coming home - Your thoughts on a device

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
I had many issues with many Nexus' from costco so I jumped ship with the Iphone 4s and really regret it.

I found a solution: Verizon told me I can get an early upgrade and get any phone at the upgrade price. So I will sell the iphone on ebay or craigslist and use the money from that to buy a new phone from Verizon.

Now, I'm not sure what phone.......I am leaning towards the Razr Maxx for the battery life.......but I did love my Nexus (other than connection issues). I was thinking of getting a Nexus from Verizon and hopefully it will actually work but I'm a little afraid from my last experience. I also love flashing ROMs and kernels so I'm worried I will become tired of the Razr very soon and it doesn't look like it has much of a community of developers working on it (correct me if I'm wrong).

I learned (the hard way) that a locked bootloader is a lot better than working with the apple nazi's device.............let this be a lesson to everyone.

Any input would be appreciated.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
One option you can choose is getting a Rezound and running an ICS ROM. I know there are a couple members here who jumped over to the Rezound from the Nexus and ended up flashing an ICS ROM and ended up getting the best of both worlds (ICS, better signal, better camera, etc.) Though as a Nexus owner I'm not sure which ROM they are using. However, I also heard that the ICS ROM doesn't run as smooth on the Rezound and some other little things, but overall that crowd seems to be happy.