Verizon is killing me!

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
First, I called verizon and told them I was unhappy with my iphone and wanted an android phone. We talked about a Razr Maxx. He got me a m2 managers upgrade, told me to sell the iphone, call back and I can get a Razr at the upgrade price.

Iphone sold, called back and the rep told me I can't get the Maxx the galaxy nexus or any phone released within the last 30 days. He said that I can get the Razr, bionic, rezound and some others.

I was pretty upset last night thinking about it, called back today to get the list of available phones so I can do some research and now this guy and his manager told me that I can't get any 4g phones at all, only 3g phones. WTF!

Now I am back to my OG Droid (which I will take over the iphone any day) trolling craigslist and ebay for a new device.

Anyone else have similar issues?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

osirhis

Reaction score
Stuff like this is why I gave them the middle finger with my wallet and jumped to AT& T. Now I have a GS2 and couldn't be happier. I'd hold out for the GS3 and get that if it is indeed coming to Verizon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
They told me I could upgrade early, and when I called to upgrade, they said they couldn't allow it.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

Caesars

Reaction score
Personally I'd be Blowing up the phone until I got what's deserved. If that didn't work I'd take my iPhone sale money and use it on a etf fee and move to sprint. Maybe in two years td lte will be available ;-(, of course now that ive used Verizon's lte, I don't think I could go back to sprints CDMA.

Reaction score
In my experience when you get a favorable response from a vzw rep its best to jump on it immediately. If not you risk what happened to you.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I have always had good luck working w Verizon and possibly because I have been w them from the very beginning but they have always done anything I have expected and usually more. Being that you have an og Droid, you obviously been w Verizon for done time also. That being said, don't give up. Call Verizon! Start your conversation by explaining that you choose to be worth Verizon because of their reputation for customer service but your recent situation has gotten you very frustrated and you would like to resolve it. Explain from the beginning regarding not being pleased w the Iphone and a Verizon Rep suggesting you to sell it and replace it w an android, that you were offered an upgrade, then took time to research which phone you would get and now you are being told you can't do the upgrade. Explain that you never would have sold the iPhone and proceeded w this process if you hadn't been given the suggestion from Verizon in the first place and you are just wanting to replace your phone with an equitable replacement comparable to the iPhone. Be polite, respectful, understanding but firm. If the Rep is not able to help you, ask to speak to his/her supervisor not due to his/her service but because her supervisor will know of all the options that are available to you and to save time. See what happens.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

OP
Bang Pow Boom

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
I've been with verizon for about 10 years. I owned the og Razr and the Razr 2. I sent them a letter and will continue to call.

The last rep told me if I had purchased a phone from the last CSR it would have gotten denied when it got shipped anyways. He said the manufacturers are strict about upgrades.

I would say eff u and ditch, but I have unlimited data. We'll see what happens. Running simply stunning 4.96 on my OG loving it still.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I guess I'm a little confused because if you had the Razr, and Razr Maxx and also an iPhone, were those all on the same line and all gotten with an upgrade? If so then that would be two or three upgrades within the last year. I do believe that if you were told you can get the Razr at the upgrade price then they should honor what they said but Verizon can't give several phones at an upgraded price so frequently. It would cost them a fortune and they would pass those costs onto us.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I guess I'm a little confused because if you had the Razr, and Razr Maxx and also an iPhone, were those all on the same line and all gotten with an upgrade? If so then that would be two or three upgrades within the last year. I do believe that if you were told you can get the Razr at the upgrade price then they should honor what they said but Verizon can't give several phones at an upgraded price so frequently. It would cost them a fortune and they would pass those costs onto us.

No, he's talking about the old flip phones. He never even mentioned having the Razr and the Razr Maxx.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Ah ha, that definitely makes sense. Thanks for the clarification. I would definitely keep calling then, especially being w Verizon for ten years and emphasizing the notion that you have been a loyal customer because of their customer service.

scott craft

Reaction score
How long did you have the iphone before you decided you didn't like it? I have an HTC Trophy and my wife has the iPhone 4 and we get poor reception at our house with these phones. I've called verizon and haven't had any luck in getting upgraded to a phone that gets better reception.

OP
Bang Pow Boom

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
How long did you have the iphone before you decided you didn't like it? I have an HTC Trophy and my wife has the iPhone 4 and we get poor reception at our house with these phones. I've called verizon and haven't had any luck in getting upgraded to a phone that gets better reception.

I went through 3 Gnexs' and they all had bad reception, so they gave me an iphone. I had that for about a month.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Anyone else have similar issues?
Verizon has always been like this. It is just something you have to accept when dealing with them.

Any time someone makes promises like that, get it in writing if you can (like an e-mail) and get names and titles. I do know that these kinds of deals are real...my friend Steve upgraded to a Thunderbolt after his Droid 1 died, and they let him have the upgrade price despite his upgrade being several months away. But you gotta be paranoid when dealing with Verizon.

OP
Bang Pow Boom

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
I will now. After over 10 years I always had great customer service. I even had my mother and brother come to big red.

I just filed with BBB. Not sure what that will do.