Thinking of getting a Motorola Droid...

Elvis087

Reaction score
Right now i'm currently using an iphone 3g but to be honest AT&T's 3G coverage sucks i get too many dropped calls here in LA and i'm just tired of it. So now i noticed amazon is offering the Droid for $19.99 and the Verizon plans are not much different from AT&T but my question is will i regret the change later? I mean i love the iphone is just that AT&T sucks...will it feel like an upgrade if i get the Droid or like a step backward? Thanks.

bomber889

Reaction score
No, I used to like the iphone better but now I totally love my droid so much better than the iphone. It will feel like an upgrade especially if you like to customize your phone and if you root it, you will get many more features such as tethering, overclocking, custom ROMS, and more. I definetely would say to get the droid.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had a iPhone but AT&T lousy coverage (both cell and 3G) made me return to VZW. It took me less than two weeks to realize that I made a good decision.

I'm a Mac user and I have no regrets about switching to Droid.

Hope that helps

Mike

OP
E

Elvis087

Reaction score
Is there anything i should know about the amazon offer? A Droid for $19.99 sounds too good to be true.

itwerk

Reaction score
You will love it. Maybe not at first just because you're use to your iphone and it's OS, but trust me, the Android OS is amazing and the customization is phenomenal. Its amazing how much you can do to a droid. Such as installing custom ROMs and changing the speed of your CPU. checkout this thread about customizing screens. You might as well flip to the last page and go backwards so you can see how much you can customize your homescreens! http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/717-screenshots-peoples-droid-desktops.html

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey IT, did you get my PM and updates on JIT?

Mike

itwerk

Reaction score
Haha yeah i got it! Thanks man. Got my short bench down to 114ms

plmiller0905

Reaction score
Is there anything i should know about the amazon offer? A Droid for $19.99 sounds too good to be true.

I just got the same deal, a droid for $19.99, it's excellent. I'm coming from a iPhone 3Gs. I'm not going to lie, I loved it. But one day, a person found a lost moto droid and turned it over to me (I'm a officer) and while I was trying to go through through the contacts to find someone that knows the owner so that I could call them, I began to like it. So I got me one.

It's so much customization you can do to it, its crazy. It's nothing like the iphone and the coverage is good too. When I had my iphone 3gs there was no 3g coverage where i lived, however, there were #G coverage where I worked. So I made the switch and I haven't regretted it yet.

LostRedneck

Reaction score
Honistly the Droid is a great phone, an you will not be dissapointed in it. However if you are one of those people who wants bleeding edge, wait a little while for the Incredible, Legend, Desire and Iphone4 to come out (there are rumors of a CDMA version that will be avalable on Big Red)

This is a very exciting time for smart phones as many companies are pushing out better and better phones constantly.

Now dont get me wrong, the Droid is an amazing phone but its hardware is being outdated very fast. Still if you want a physical keyboard after coming from the iphone the Droid is the phone for you.

cb2000a

Reaction score
The hardware really won't be outdated until next fall when we will see dual processors. The DROID can be overclocked to be quite competitive with current and soon to come phones.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
And there you have it, unsolicited testamonials from your fellow Droids. Welcome, Elvis087! You'll find this to be a very friendly place full of great people and information! Come on in and make yourself at home - you will not regret your decision. Hope you enjoy your time here!

:welcome:

OP
E

Elvis087

Reaction score
Ok i'm going with the Droid :), does anyone know if the amazon offer will end any time soon? i don't get my paycheck until next friday, i mean i would buy it right now but i still have to pay AT&T's cancellation fee, Thanks everyone for your help. I know i will be back here with a lot of questions when i get my Droid hehe.