I also still find the stock camera frustrating at times?

Duanevw

Reaction score
I find it difficult also trying to use the stock camera for taking photos, like the zoom slider can be difficult and time consuming. I read somewhere on the droid 3 forum that there is different camera apps?

Any suggestions what I should try?

Thanks again,

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've heard good things about cameraFX.

Sent from my Safestrapped, Rooted, ROM'd XT862

chriszuma

Reaction score
I just installed LittlePhoto, and it's pretty solid. It's very minimalist which is exactly what I wanted; it has flash, a timer, and no obnoxious lag. Also, you can use the volume button as a shutter.

Seriously though, why is there *never* a good stock camera app? With a freaking dual-core 1GHz processor, it should not take 3 seconds to snap a photo after you press the button.

spillner

Reaction score
I use camera ZoomFX and its pretty good. I hate how the stock pictures seem to have the color just sucked out of them. My sister-in-law has the GS2 and it embarrasses the D3s camera in every way. Moto just adds cameras as an after thought.

Reaction score
It still blows though. I can average 3 or 4 photos until the damn thing crashes and i have to restart the app. Then theres that annoying habit of focusing in very nice and crisp... and still giving you a blurry shot.

pyro6128

Reaction score
I use fast burst camera. Take pics in bursts, then pic thebest one

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Just messed with little photo interesting but still slow to take the pictures. Fast burst sounds interesting

darkmatter

Reaction score
I forget what the old one is called, but a solid camera app was redone and renamed ProCapture, and is now my very favorite camera app. Has nice features without being overloaded (ie, no stupid filters and faux-hdr and the like) but it does have panorama and burst features.

My other favorite camera app is HDR+. Amazing pictures from that one, but its not good for quick snapshots.

And fast burst and ultra fast burst camera are fun...and wire goggles and paper camera, lol.

nu2droid

Reaction score
Here's one for you. Can you use the camera from the DROID 2 global on the d3? I was playing with my wives d2g and realized her camera spanks the crap out of the d3 camera..
Can it be pulled and installed on the 3?

OP
D

Duanevw

Reaction score
I have been using procapture and in the settings I set the zoom function to the volume keys and its been real good for the last 2 weeks. Give that a try.

Also on the stock d3 camera using the volume keys for zoom in and out which I didn't know and its a default setting. I just don't like the lag when you take a photo so just down load procapture like I did and let me know as Im pretty happy so far.

Duane

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
The latest Bionic and RAZR updates supposedly have improved the stock camera a lot, made it less laggy and frustrating to use etc. Supposedly the upcoming Droid 3 update uses the same Kernel version as those updates so we'll probably see the improved camera on the D3 also.

km75

Reaction score
The latest Bionic and RAZR updates supposedly have improved the stock camera a lot, made it less laggy and frustrating to use etc. Supposedly the upcoming Droid 3 update uses the same Kernel version as those updates so we'll probably see the improved camera on the D3 also.

What upcoming update?

DigbyDNh

Reaction score
I use Camera360 and I really like it