HYPE BEAST: Nexus 8

Discussion in 'Android News' started by pc747, Nov 4, 2013.

1. pc747

pc747 Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +6,160
    [​IMG]

People are still awaiting their shipment from google for the Nexus 5 and yet we are already hearing talk about another nexus device. There have been pictures around the web of what is believed to be a nexus 8 made by LG. The Nexus 8 would fit in that sweet spot between the nexus 7 and nexus 10 and be a welcomed edition to the nexus family. Stay tuned to Droidforums.net for future coverage of the Nexus 8.

2. Asgard

Asgard Member

Ratings:
    +22
    The first word that comes to my mind is: Why?

3. pc747

pc747 Administrator

Ratings:
    +6,160

2 reasons I can think of:

1) For those wanting something larger than the nexus 7. (with the galaxy 8 selling well google feel like they can get in there)

2) For those loving the look of the nexus 5 but are stuck on verizon.... just kidding (well sort of) but there are people who may not be willing to shell out the money for a nexus phone but have no issue getting a nexus tablet whether it be because of carrier or already having a phone with a 5 inch screen or larger.

4. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,348
    My Nexus7 sometimes is a little too small for my desires/needs of my older eyes . My Tab 10.1 sometimes is too big for portability.
    My Note8 has the portability of the Nexus7 while having a large enough screen to edit photos , or whatever, and have enough extra screen size to be what I need.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    I'm an "s pen aholic" Noteate

5. pc747

pc747 Administrator

Ratings:
    +6,160
  6. cybertec69

cybertec69 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +318
    If they make one with removable storage, I will order one, since I already own a 5" smartphone, buying a Nexus 7 with no removable storage makes no sense, now going up 3" in size from my smartphone is a better financial investment.

7. Garemlin

Garemlin Developer Relations

Ratings:
    +373
    Current Phone Model:
    LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
    I had a Galaxy Tab 8.9 and to me it was the perfect size tablet. The N7 can feel a little small at times and wants to act like a phone with certain apps. Also won't take some apps that are for tablets.

8. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief

Ratings:
    +4,254
    Just to add clarity to this discussion, several sites have supposedly debunked the original story related to the 8-inch Nexus tablet. Using the pen cap in the pic as a frame of reference some folks measured the tablet in the pic to be 7-inches, which would make it simply a Nexus 7. It does look a bit different than your typical Nexus 7 because of the larger display area, but some are suggesting it was simply a bad photo-shop job when they added in the screen you see in the pic.

We are not going to stand one way or the other on the issue. The evidence it is fake is not conclusive and we find the idea of an Nexus 8 is intriguing, so we hope it is true. Regardless, we wanted to share some of the speculation on the web to give you guys food for thought.

9. pc747

pc747 Administrator

Ratings:
    +6,160

Saw some of those reports as well. Thinking this downgrades the thread from hype beast to rumor.

10. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief

Ratings:
    +4,254
    lol! Yeah... It's still entirely possible Google is working on an 8-inch device, and I would love to see it. I sometimes think the 7-inch Nexus 7 is just a bit too small, but I wouldn't want a 10-inch tablet because it would be too big. I suppose it depends on the individual.

Search tags for this page

samsung tab 3 8 inch

will there be a nexus 8