HYPE BEAST: Nexus 8

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
nexus_8_promotional-630x406.jpg

People are still awaiting their shipment from google for the Nexus 5 and yet we are already hearing talk about another nexus device. There have been pictures around the web of what is believed to be a nexus 8 made by LG. The Nexus 8 would fit in that sweet spot between the nexus 7 and nexus 10 and be a welcomed edition to the nexus family. Stay tuned to Droidforums.net for future coverage of the Nexus 8.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The first word that comes to my mind is: Why?

2 reasons I can think of:

1) For those wanting something larger than the nexus 7. (with the galaxy 8 selling well google feel like they can get in there)

2) For those loving the look of the nexus 5 but are stuck on verizon.... just kidding (well sort of) but there are people who may not be willing to shell out the money for a nexus phone but have no issue getting a nexus tablet whether it be because of carrier or already having a phone with a 5 inch screen or larger.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The first word that comes to my mind is: Why?

My Nexus7 sometimes is a little too small for my desires/needs of my older eyes . My Tab 10.1 sometimes is too big for portability.
My Note8 has the portability of the Nexus7 while having a large enough screen to edit photos , or whatever, and have enough extra screen size to be what I need.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
I'm an "s pen aholic" Noteate

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
If they make one with removable storage, I will order one, since I already own a 5" smartphone, buying a Nexus 7 with no removable storage makes no sense, now going up 3" in size from my smartphone is a better financial investment.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I had a Galaxy Tab 8.9 and to me it was the perfect size tablet. The N7 can feel a little small at times and wants to act like a phone with certain apps. Also won't take some apps that are for tablets.

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just to add clarity to this discussion, several sites have supposedly debunked the original story related to the 8-inch Nexus tablet. Using the pen cap in the pic as a frame of reference some folks measured the tablet in the pic to be 7-inches, which would make it simply a Nexus 7. It does look a bit different than your typical Nexus 7 because of the larger display area, but some are suggesting it was simply a bad photo-shop job when they added in the screen you see in the pic.

We are not going to stand one way or the other on the issue. The evidence it is fake is not conclusive and we find the idea of an Nexus 8 is intriguing, so we hope it is true. Regardless, we wanted to share some of the speculation on the web to give you guys food for thought.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just to add clarity to this discussion, several sites have supposedly debunked the original story related to the 8-inch Nexus tablet. Using the pen cap in the pic as a frame of reference some folks measured the tablet in the pic to be 7-inches, which would make it simply a Nexus 7. It does look a bit different than your typical Nexus 7 because of the larger display area, but some are suggesting it was simply a bad photo-shop job when they added in the screen you see in the pic.

We are not going to stand one way or the other on the issue. The evidence it is fake is not conclusive and we find the idea of an Nexus 8 is intriguing, so we hope it is true. Regardless, we wanted to share some of the speculation on the web to give you guys food for thought.

Saw some of those reports as well. Thinking this downgrades the thread from hype beast to rumor.

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Saw some of those reports as well. Thinking this downgrades the thread from hype beast to rumor.

lol! Yeah... It's still entirely possible Google is working on an 8-inch device, and I would love to see it. I sometimes think the 7-inch Nexus 7 is just a bit too small, but I wouldn't want a 10-inch tablet because it would be too big. I suppose it depends on the individual.