Hux email engine stopped working error

Ed270

Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has had this type of error? It seems to appear when sending an email and strangely enough when watching you tube video.

My maxx is bone stock with ICS. Any help would be appreciated as doing a google search was not helpful.

OP
Ed270

Ed270

Reaction score
In addition to my last post it is now giving me this error after terminating a phone call. And this morning when booting the phone it gave me multiple hux email errors

View attachment 52462

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Sorry.. I never saw your posts.. how did you fix it??

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
Ed270

Ed270

Reaction score
I finally did the dreaded FDR and it has not come back. Knock on wood. This error showed up about 5 days aft I installed ICS
This is the first error I have googled and not found any info on. Always had luck with windows and Android before this. It may be new and ICS specific? ??

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
So a fdr fixed the issue..seems to be a common theme with ics.. unfortunately.. but I'm glad you got ot fixed :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
Ed270

Ed270

Reaction score
Thanks, I probably should have done an FDR prior to installing that may have helped

lillac

Reaction score
What is FDR all i have same message and need to fix also PLZ

OP
Ed270

Ed270

Reaction score
lillac said:
What is FDR all i have same message and need to fix also PLZ

Factory data reset, It worked for me I have not had this error come up since the reset but it is a pain to have to set everything back up

blossom

Reaction score
Hi, I an having this same issue. It is so annoying. How do I do an FDR? Will I have to reinstall all my apps and calendar events etc? I have so much on my phone and don't want to have to install everything all over again.

OP
Ed270

Ed270

Reaction score
If you do a FDR It will wipe your data and require you to set up your phone. You do an FDR by going to systems settings/Privacy/ Factory data reset.

lillac

Reaction score
I had same problem

I had same problem and as others said I had to do factory reset only thing that worked. I asked ppl at verizon store they had no idea told me to sync my email and lol ya right didn't help at all. So good luck with the android update.

Papa_T

Reaction score
I'm actually now having the same error pop up during texting and email. I had downloaded ICS with no problems with this. I then did an .215 update and no problems. I did a FDR to try and help with the terrible battery life. Now I'm getting the HUXEMAILENGINE error message. I really don't want to do another FDR, as I just got all my apps back up and running.

Has anyone found another solution?

OP
Ed270

Ed270

Reaction score
Papa_T said:
I'm actually now having the same error pop up during texting and email. I had downloaded ICS with no problems with this. I then did an .215 update and no problems. I did a FDR to try and help with the terrible battery life. Now I'm getting the HUXEMAILENGINE error message. I really don't want to do another FDR, as I just got all my apps back up and running.

Has anyone found another solution?

Sorry an FDR didn't do the trick. I can't really help since one post-ics FDR worked for me and I have not seen much on the web

blossom

Reaction score
I am glad I didn't bother doing the FDR then. I am still having this issue but didn't want to deal with the FDR and re-adding all my stuff. Does anyone having this issue also have the "Invalid Credentials" error when tring to get their Yahoo or Hotmail email to sync? I wonder if it's the same thing but the error mesage just changed after the ICS update.