Hux email engine stopped working error

AlchemX

Reaction score
I have this problem too

I've been haunted with unknown, random notification beeps ever since the ICS upgrade. Nothing in the notification bar, just the sound. I narrowed it down to the Email app by changing the ringtone for it.

For some reason, I have never been able to get my hotmail account to work with the email app. Every time I try to sync, I get nothing. Now it is giving me the Hux email Engine stopped error message when it fails, along with the familiar ringtone. I am now thinking that the phantom message sounds were this error all along.

I have been hesitant to do the FDR for obvious reasons, but I don't know what else to do! If I do it, I will post the results here and let you all know.

blossom

Reaction score
I also got the phantom beeps too and finally linked it back to this HUXEMAIL error. I also was never able to sync my Yahoo or Hotmail email. Only my Gmail would sync correctly. I refuse to do the FDR so I figured since the email didn't work correctly to sync anyway, I disabled the Email App that came on the phone and I haven't had a problem since.

I downloaded the Yahoo App and Hotmail App so I still get my email, it just doesn't go through the factory email app that was supposed to sync all of them on the phone. It wasn't a big deal to me to have all my email synced in one spot anyway. I don't have to deal with all the beeps and error messages anymore, so I am happy.

AlchemX

Reaction score
So I couldn't bring myself to FDR either. So I did some more research and found other people were having problems syncing with hotmail, too. They recommended setting up the hotmail account with the corporate option on the email app. Worked like a charm.

For Domain\Username just put: \[email protected]
For Password: Yourpassword
For Server: m.hotmail.com

This has fixed all my problems! And I still get to see all my email accounts in one app. Hope this helps someone out there.

amtt5088

Reaction score
Okay - here's the deal....I had the random "phantom" beeps as well, couldn't sync my email through the yahoo app, and then finally, some time after that, started getting the "Unfortunately the hux email engine has stopped" message. Initially, I could only get my email through the factory-installed "Email app" so I ended up deleting my Yahoo app and Gmail app . That solved problems of not being able to sync mail and the phantom beeps.

Life was good for a bit, then I started recently getting the "Hux email has stopped" message incessantly. Today, I read these posts and I reinstalled my Yahoo app and my Gmail app. I am now able to sync my email through these apps and so, I disabled the factory-installed "Email app" and now the random "Hux email has stopped" message has disappeared.

Never did a factory reset on my device. Never had to.

Hope this helps.

pm0543

Reaction score
Ya, my Razr Maxx just started doing the Hux Email Engine stopped about a week ago, Christmas time. I have Yahoo on it and it suddenly started having update issues, then today I saw the Hux email message. I tried the cache clear and reboot but no change. Hate the thought of doing a FDR. Anyone know of another way? My Yahoo email so far is all I am having issues with. I don't know if any update (ICS?? whatever that is) or whatever happened around that time, never noticed. I looked into the Yahoo email app but the reviews were horrible.

OP
Ed270

Ed270

Reaction score
Did you look back a page? A couple of members did some other things beside an FDR that seemed to work for them.