HTCSense.com???

luckwld

Reaction score
I've seen some comments asking if the TB will be integrated with htcsense.com. The TB will be my first smart phone and my first HTC phone so I'm not sure what this is exactly so can someone inform me of what htcsense.com offers and why you want it integrated with the TB?

Sleeve

Reaction score
Main things are you can store backups, you can remotely lock the phone if it is lost, you can remotely wipe all the data off it, and if you're trying to find it, you can remotely take it out of silent/vibrate mode and fire off its ringer.

rage151

Reaction score
Does anyone know for sure if the TB is ready to utilize htcsense.com? Seems like I remember reading awhile back that it wasn't ready.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Reaction score
I tried to register on htcsense.com with my pre-production model, but it did not work. I created my account using a PC, had the email sent to the phone, then tried to open the confirmation page via the phone's browser, but it got stuck there.

I know there was a rumor on one of the tech websites (Engadget or Gizmodo I think) that said HTC TBolt wasn't necessarily going to get HTCSense.com capabilities, but with all the rumors about the TBolt release date, who knows.

I just tried HTCSense.com again and it says it is under maintenance. Maybe there will be more come Thursday or Friday?

rage151

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply, WOJ!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Sleeve

Reaction score
htcsense.com has been under maint for almost three days. It's as if they're overhauling it. I hope I don't need to remote wipe my phone and they're in a maintenance time like this one.

dajogejr

Reaction score
I've taken the tour of sense.com and it is cool as hell.
breadcrumbs (where you are at) and the ability to find/lock/wipe your phone are nice.
I can lock/wipe a phone remotely on blackberries via BES management....this is a great feature for sys admins like myself.

Reaction score
I've taken the tour of sense.com and it is cool as hell.
breadcrumbs (where you are at) and the ability to find/lock/wipe your phone are nice.
I can lock/wipe a phone remotely on blackberries via BES management....this is a great feature for sys admins like myself.

If you have an Exchange Server (which my company does) and you get your email on your Android phone using Active Sync (like I do), you can remotely wipe the phone using Exchange Administrator. :D

Also, there is a new sort of encryption for Active Sync phones (iPhones, Androids, iPads, etc.) called "GOOD." Here is the page: Good for Enterprise

Last edited:

dajogejr

Reaction score
Well...we have hosted exchange. We don't have it in house so there are some things like that we do not have an administrator.
They are working on things like that.

With active sync, a user can log onto their mail and wipe/lock their phone, but as the mail administrator I can not (yeah, backwards...I know.)

With the berries, I can do all of that. The remote wipe/security are tools our provider is working on for me (site/mail admin)...

Thanks J.

Reaction score
So now that the Production models are out there, purchased and activated, is anyone able to register their TBolt on htcsense.com?

ISUVetMed

Reaction score
So now that the Production models are out there, purchased and activated, is anyone able to register their TBolt on htcsense.com?

I created an account, the TB was not an option for the phone. I chose the desire HD (closet they had) and filled everything out. Followed the instructions and clicked the "I have logged into my phone" button. Wheel started spinning and just stopped there, didnt go any farther :(

Reaction score

I created an account, the TB was not an option for the phone. I chose the desire HD (closet they had) and filled everything out. Followed the instructions and clicked the "I have logged into my phone" button. Wheel started spinning and just stopped there, didnt go any farther :(

Hmmm... did the same thing on my Pre-Production model. Hope that comes to fruition.

stuigi

Reaction score

Hmmm... did the same thing on my Pre-Production model. Hope that comes to fruition.

Yup, same here. Seems as though HTC and VZ are really screwing us with this phone. It's not as though HTC didn't have enough time to add this feature to the phone.

evereddie

Reaction score
New to smart phones (I get mine on Monday) I know nothing about HTCSence. Went to the site to hopefully read up on all of the capabilities and all I could find is an exhausting interactive page. Really didn't tell me in just plain text all of the things it does. Where can I find the lowdown.
Thanx

cincysaab95

Reaction score
HTC Sense on Thunder Bolt

Like everyone else posted prior to me, I signed up for htcsense.com, selected Desire HD (as VZW and/or HTC doesn't have the Thunder Bird listed). Verified account on my computer then went to verify that I could indeed sign on from my phone per the website I saw this: On your device, tap the Setup icon in the All apps screen and sign in when you see the HTC Sense screen. I went to setup and looked for the all apps screen to no avail. It doesn't 'yet' exist on the TB:( Hopefully, VZW and/or HTC will allow this in next release? Here's hoping!