HTC Thunderbolt wont turn on

MikeUnlimited04

Reaction score
The phone was working great, I put it in my pocket, pulled it out probably 15 mins later and it was off. I turned it back on and the white screen with the green HTC logo appears, stays on for a few seconds, then turns off. The phone then tries to reboot and repeats the process. I have pulled the battery and held the power button for 15 seconds and replaced the battery. I have pulled the SIM card AND microSD card and tried to boot and it still doesnt work. IDK what to do... Should I take it back to Verizon? I am frustrated at this point.

BeyondReality

Reaction score
Sounds like its bricked. Doesnt sound like anything you did unless you rooted it or loaded a new ROM. I would just bring it back and get a new one, they shouldnt give you any issues @ verizon. Especially if its new... Good luck

OP
M

MikeUnlimited04

Reaction score
Yes i tried charging it, the only difference that made was turning the little red LED on at the top and the process just repeated over and over. This is the third day I have had the phone. Ill be heading to verizon when they open.

and No, the phone isnt rooted.

OP
M

MikeUnlimited04

Reaction score
Just an update, Verizon replaced my phone. The rep had no idea what happened.

zach137z

Reaction score
Did you try going into recovery mode? Restoring it to factory usually does the trick. My droid x got stuck on the droid eye one time and no matter how many times I pulled the battery and restarted it it wouldnt work after a quick restore though it worked just fine. I got my thunderbolt yesterday btw i need a new sim card though so its basically useless at the moment.