HTC Thunderbolt Accessories Start Popping Up Online, 2-3 Weeks Away from Launch?

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
HTC Thunderbolt Accessories Start Popping Up Online, 2-3 Weeks Away from Launch?

It’s pretty widely known that accessory companies receive dummy units of phones long before they ever hit store shelves in order to put together their line of products, so it’s not super surprising that HTC Thunderbolt (our gallery) accessories would start popping up early. What is interesting, is the fact that accessory distributor OffWire, is sending out emails to their clients recommending that they start pre-ordering products for the device right away. We’ve also got word from our tipster that when notified about accessories from this particular distributor, the device usually launches 2-3 weeks later. For example, Droid Pro accessories went live on OffWire two weeks before it landed on Verizon.
Oh and here is a lineup of accessories that we can expect to see including extended batteries:
Here’s to hoping the Thunderbolt hits stores by the end of January! We’ll know more on Thursday.

Source

Last edited:

DaWolf85

Reaction score
Well, now we know the battery is 1400 mAh. And from that, I deduce that this phone has extremely low power consumption.
Another tantalizing hint about a tantalizing phone...

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Yeah I'm selling my incredible for this sucker. I am almost certain we will see a January maybe early February launch, the phone has been in pictures since what, August? But 1400mAh, this phones battery life I estimate will be closer to the Droid X's as opposed to the Incredible. Which means an extended battery may or may not be in your future.

Any ideas on the price? Will 4G cost more per month?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Nothing on pricing yet. My bet would be on a February release, probably latter half. I think I have already seen some blogs indicating that the battery life may very well be an issue on this phone. Might want to hold on to your phones until some more info starts to drop on this. I would suspect test reports should come back soon in relation to the battery. I know that will be at the top of a lot of people's lists to check.

shortsxit

Reaction score
Why are you guys still guessing a Jan/Feb release? Verizon said at CES that these new 4G phones would be released Q2, some as early as March--so March at the earliest.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Why are you guys still guessing a Jan/Feb release? Verizon said at CES that these new 4G phones would be released Q2, some as early as March--so March at the earliest.

Just a rough guess. Anyway, March is first quarter also. That's why I was thinking middle to end of February could be doable. But like I said, only a guess on my behalf.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
A lot of these new/future phones are using new(er) LCD tech that supposedly reduces power consumption by upto 50%. One in particular on display this week (think it was the LG) is suppose to be extremely bright compared to current displays w/o using any more power... but we'll see. Like most people I'm generally not far from a charger so if the specs are right poor battery-life is forgivable especially on the dual-cores.

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
I didn't hear Verizon say Q2... Was this at their CES presentation?

toddabuilder

Reaction score

December 6, at the LTE kickoff Verizon said there won't be any LTE phones until second half 2011. Jan/Feb could still be a possibility, only time will tell.

shortsxit

Reaction score
I didn't hear Verizon say Q2... Was this at their CES presentation?

Not sure what more needs be be said or why in every thread people are still swearing that January is the month, even after Verizon has said otherwise.

Raptor007

Reaction score
Verizon says a lot of things, and the right side doesn't talk to the left side. Its going to depend on what agreements they put in place, how much virgin blood was spilled for Job's iPwn that many have been wetting their pants over. I had it, I sold it, I left AT&T over it, I run Android and I rock it.

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
If Verizon said otherwise, then why is everyone here... except you... saying january-february? And did someone high up in Verizon really say this, because I watched the CES keynote...

Raptor007

Reaction score
Thank you, Thank you all, I will be here all week.

I don't see January, I want it but that doesn't mean squat. I guess we will know the state of Verizon after 1/11/11 @ 11am as to what the real priority is.

I am hoping for a late February or early March but would like it a lot sooner, as everyone else would.