HTC Sense vs. LauncherPro Plus

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt Battery Discussions' started by boundlesswater, Oct 9, 2011.

1. boundlesswater

boundlesswater New Member

Which launcher is better on the Thunderbolt? I bought LauncherPro Plus back when I had the droid charge(touchwiz blows) and when I got the Thunderbolt I stopped using it.

Any pros/cons or anything I should know about? Which one does better with battery life? Also, if anybody knows, when the OTA Gingerbread update comes in will I get a newer version of HTC Sense?
  2. nc537

nc537 New Member

First of all u will not get an upgrade to 3.0, and in my experience I enjoy launcher pro plus better. One of the big things for me is that the home screens can go into landscape mode, I love the app dock at the bottom of the screen, the app drawer is smoother, u can custom ur transitions between home screens, and u have home screen looping. I do however wish tht the transitions between homescreens were smoother, and i have noticed the battery life to be a little worse on launcher pro

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  3. yakitori

yakitori Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Sense UI is a user interface....so having LPP installed on top of sense is not any kind of improvement on battery life. It will be negligible difference if any.

That being said...Sense UI is a resource/battery hog. I have found that I have extremely improved battery life compared to senseless / AOSP roms using LPP.

Its preference...personally I dont like sense UI. There are some good features of it, but performance for me is weak compared to AOSP at the same usage level. Depending on which kernel...OC..settings etc I use. I get about 1.5-2 hours per 10 percent drain in battery. This equates to about 18-20 hours (normal use). Heavy use is about 14-15 hours.
Search tags for this page
how to revert back to htc sense from launcher pro
htc launcher sense 3.0
htc sense 3.0 launcher apk
htc sense 3.0 launcher apk for gingerbread

htc sense launcher pro

htc thunderbolt launcher pro
launcher htc sense 3.0 apk

launcher pro htc

launcher pro plus htc
launcherprohtc
sense 4 launcher plus