HTC Releases Kernel Source Code for the Thunderbolt!

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
htc-thunderbolt-logo-grey.jpg

In a fairly surprising, but highly pleasing move, HTC bowed to pressure from customers and has recently released the Kernel Source Code for the HTC Thunderbolt. It has been uploaded to their developer portal, and is 87MB in size. It'll be nice to see what developers in the community can do with some custom ROMs for the TBolt. Hopefully, we can get it to be more efficient on the battery life...

Hit the HTC Source link to download it, then tell everyone about it in the forums. Don't forget to check out our sister-site devoted to the TBolt at ThunderboltForums.com

Source: Android.net and ThunderboltForums.com via HTC Developer Portal

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I'm starting to be very proud of my move from Motorola to HTC. Motorola wants us rooters to go elsewhere? OK, I did. And so will a lot of people I know and ask me for phone advice :).

pandabear

Reaction score
I'm starting to be very proud of my move from Motorola to HTC. Motorola wants us rooters to go elsewhere? OK, I did. And so will a lot of people I know and ask me for phone advice :).

Same here! Definitely feeling better about moving on from the X

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL

Definitely starting to want to drop my X. This just solidifies the TB for a long while for many users.

azndan2

Reaction score
just moved over from the d1 and dX to the thunderbolt. i have been telling all of my friends to never buy motorola. the thunderbolt is awesome!!!dancedroiddancedroid

RCFlyn

Reaction score
HHHHHMMMMMMMMMM.......
MOTO, are you hearing this??????
I was happy go go from HTC Eris to an "X", but it's sounding like HTC will get my Business back...
"HELLO MOTO"?????? Maybe not any more....

Ubermicro13

Reaction score

Definitely starting to want to drop my X. This just solidifies the TB for a long while for many users.

I got rid of my X for the Thunderbolt, I'm not lookin back.

MikeZ99

Reaction score
I REALLY hope somebody in the developer community can use this to extend the battery life. It's the only thing holding me back from moving on to a TB. I just can't have a phone that lasts 6 hrs, tops...

SkullOne

Reaction score
I REALLY hope somebody in the developer community can use this to extend the battery life. It's the only thing holding me back from moving on to a TB. I just can't have a phone that lasts 6 hrs, tops...

You clearly haven't been paying attention then. The custom ROM's out there like VirusROM and Nonsense already increase your battery life exponentially. I'm on 12+ hours now with moderate usage.

Can't wait to see what CM7 runs like on this phone though.

MikeZ99

Reaction score
Well then...

<------------------------- Obviously NOT paying attention...

Thanks for the info!