HTC One V poses in black and purple for the cameras

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
onev-purple-black.jpg

Whenever the HTC One V hits retail shelves, it will be coming out in three color variants. The version they showed off at the MWC event was the charcoal gray version, but they just released some "glamour shots" of the other two colors, the purple and the black. The HTC One V will be their mid-range device, and will sit in between the One X and the One S. Here's a recap of its specs:
  • Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich on launch date
  • 3.7 inch WVGA display
  • Sense 4
  • 1GHz single-core processor
  • 512MB of RAM
  • Bluetooth 4.0
  • Beats Audio technology
  • 5MP autofocus camera with LED flash and 720p video recording
  • 4GB internal storage
  • MicroSD card support (up to 32GB)
This is also the same phone that has the iconic "big chin" design that many folks are a fan of. What do you guys think? Could one of these phones perhaps woo you to HTC?

Source: HTCOneForum via AndroidCentral

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
That looks like gingerbread unless sense just looks a whole lot like GB, or its a bad render. Market is old, the folders are GB style and the launcher looks like GB too. Notification bar too.

hkwise01

Reaction score
The very outdated og incredible still has better specs. I struggle to see many of these being sold.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

laclark2002

Reaction score
Not with 512MB of RAM. Min of a GB before I will even look at one anymore.

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
Well, I mean, it is a mid-range device, so you have to expect mid-range specs. I suppose if the price was right and I wanted a smartphone on a budget, maybe. But I definitely wouldn't give up my Galaxy Nexus for it.

Eta508

Reaction score
Just happy to see a phone that has a screensize of 4" or less. I refuse to get a phone bigger than this. (Which is why I'm using a very old and out of date phone currently...). I'd rather have a mid-range phone that fits easily in a pocket without being a pain in the ass to get out and lasts a full day than a mini-tablet/phone.

gmorgan056

Reaction score
That looks like gingerbread unless sense just looks a whole lot like GB, or its a bad render. Market is old, the folders are GB style and the launcher looks like GB too. Notification bar too.

That's how it looks. Had a rezound and flashed a leaked Sense ICS rom and it looked just like that. That's just how Sense is going to look with ICS.

rmart88

Reaction score
Just my opinion here, but that is an UGLY phone. The "chin"... looks obnoxious, why not make the screen larger to cover some of that up? Granted, I have never liked HTC's designs. I do, however, like what they have done with the top of the phone (speaker area). Much improved over Evo/Thunderbolt design in that aspect.

t35rk

Reaction score
Just my opinion here, but that is an UGLY phone. The "chin"... looks obnoxious, why not make the screen larger to cover some of that up? Granted, I have never liked HTC's designs. I do, however, like what they have done with the top of the phone (speaker area). Much improved over Evo/Thunderbolt design in that aspect.

With a chin like that, it warrants a trackpad ala the original Incredible. Why not if you have the real estate? Also the top looks similar to the original Incredible.

Jeez I just looked at the specs and my 2 year old Incredible with its great screen, increased internal storage and memory and 8mp camera blows this device away, and they can be had for $75 OFF CONTRACT.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Last edited:

RUSHgsxr

Reaction score
Glad to see someone is still making phones with screens smaller than 4 inches. Have a Dinc now and would have a rather hard time switching to anything bigger.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Escobar

Reaction score
Those specs are awful. That's not midrange. The camera is the same as the iPhone 4. The screen is bad, the processor is outdated. This is pathetic.

Sent from my HTC REZOUND using DroidForums