HTC one M7 major issue , is this a virus ??

cyberslice

Reaction score
Hi,

I was recently spammed into opening a link , which took me to to a fake google drive page where I entered my user id and password just to find out it was a phishing portal.

Anyways I changed my passwords but ever since then or co-incidentally since then I keep receiving non stop notification saying
"internet is connected"
"internet disconnected so applcation will be closed"

I dont know what application is going to be closed , i dont know how to turn off these notifications.

What is the most annoying is that when the notifications appear my entire system will freeze for a second and then show the notification, disturbing things like msging or gaming .

I have attached screen shots of the notifications and they appear at random irrespective of what program is running.

Please help ,

any help much appreciated.

P.S. I have had a fully paid version of kaspersky on the phone from day one and ,multiple attempts of full scan come up empty 1.png 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.png 7.png 8.png

Caesars

Reaction score
I haven't seen anything like this before, perhaps someone else has some knowledge. I would probably factory wipe and change passwords but that's kinda annoying lol.

Danvee

Reaction score
Clear cache and data for whichever browser you're using?

P

promo87

hmmm... do you have nay idea ... i.e. after installing such application this problem starts popping out ?? If you have then I would say it would be better to remove that application but if you don't then I'll suggest you to backup all your data and perform a factory reset in this way your device will be roll back to the time you have purchased it ! And I think this may be the only solution left for you ! :eek:

OP
C

cyberslice

Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the input but was keeping the factory reset as last option

yes tried everything , clearing out the cache and multiple virus scans

@promo87 - no particular application this is just happened immediately after i got spammed :(

P

promo87

Hey, thanks for the input but was keeping the factory reset as last option

yes tried everything , clearing out the cache and multiple virus scans

@promo87 - no particular application this is just happened immediately after i got spammed :(

It looks like now you haven't left with any other option than factory resetting your device. Try making a back up of your data and perform a factory reset. :(
All the best buddy ! I hope this would work out for you ...