HTC Merge 360-degree view appears, quickly disappears from Verizon's site

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Im concerned that the dual core device that everyone is hoping for will turn out to be a freaking tablet. I do not think there is a battery that can handle a phone clocked at 2ghz.
the dual-core phones are supposed to get better battery life... or so i've read.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Im concerned that the dual core device that everyone is hoping for will turn out to be a freaking tablet. I do not think there is a battery that can handle a phone clocked at 2ghz.
the dual-core phones are supposed to get better battery life... or so i've read.
correct....Nvidia is going to surprise many..

In response to Charles, yes there will be handhelds with the Tegra 2 and also Tablets.

NVIDIA's CEO Jen-Hsun Huang said of the tablets and honeycomb:

“You won’t recognize it, let me just put it that way. What the team is shooting for is nothing short of a great experience and so I have every confidence in the team. We’re going to make sure we build something absolutely, absolutely magical.”

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm with you,

My Droid is running at 1.2 right now - get me a dual core and I may be interested but right now the Droid does everything I need.

And no physical keyboard needed.

Overclocking oversmocking...Dual-Core is right around the corner. I could not in my right mind buy any device that is not going to be equipped with a dual-core processor knowing what I know now.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
... I'm over the physical keyboard need too, I barely use it. I'll take a bigger screen and just stick to the on screen :)

DaWolf85

Reaction score
Also, if anyone wants to check out the 360 degree view at their own pace the OP's link to the .swf is still active:
https://scache.vzw.com/multimedia/360_demos/htc_merge_new/main.swf

The fact that this is, even now, still active, suggests to me that it's being launched soon.

So, what are apparently definite specs:
  • Physical keyboard
  • Bing
  • 3G
  • Beautiful design
  • Camera w/flash and nice-looking microphone
  • What looks to be a somewhat large screen (considering the keys are good-sized and aren't even CLOSE to crammed)
  • A clear microphone to speak into
  • MicroSD card slot directly on the side of the phone
  • HTC Sense
All just from looking at that. Man, I'd have thought Verizon would do better than that.
Still, though, it satisfies me, for probably about the next hour dancedroid

nostawydoc

Reaction score
I really want this phone.
However I smashed the screen on my Droid1 last weekend.
How long do folks think it will actually be before this phone comes out?
Should I wait or should I go buy the D2G?

Trying to wait patiently, however I got a nice piece of glass in my finger while ago :(

DaWolf85

Reaction score
Wait at least until Verizon's little press party tonight in Seattle goes down, and see what they announce - because they most certainly have something they want to show off.

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
Any thought on screen size? Is its 4 inch or bigger and its confirmed lte right? Might have to consider this phone :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
adam not confirmed lte but it has the same exact hardware specs as the G2 T-mobile & that is $G HTC is known to burrie hidden fetaure's in there source so when LTE comes out next year a OTA can unlock the 4g LTE

DaWolf85

Reaction score
Any thought on screen size? Is its 4 inch or bigger and its confirmed lte right? Might have to consider this phone :)

There is no 4g icon visible in the 360-view, only 3g. Judging by articles I've found online, though, it does look like it may support LTE when it comes out, as the above poster said.
Screen size was said to be 3.7in before, but I don't know about that, those keys would have to be pretty small if that's true.

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
Well what is the screen size of the g2

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
The G2's screen size is 3.7 inches