HTC Lexikon / Droid Lexikon on the way

J

JohnDroid

htc-lexikon.png

Man, am I excited. I've been searching for a phone similar to my original Droid 1 with an improved keyboard. I've used the Droid 2 but the keyboard just isn't "quite right". I've never been able to get the speed out of it that I had in my old blackberry... while the feel of the more rounded corners and softer edges on the Droid 2 are better, I actually think the keyboard layout is worse then the Droid 1.

However, I keep on looking pictures of the HTC Epic and I have keyboard envy. Then, I saw these super duper snaps of a HTC/Verizon phone that looked similar and realized that maybe help was on the way.

Today, Phandroid got ahold of some more information on the HTC Lexikon and now it seems to be confirmed. We'll have a new HTC Droid phone with a slide-out keyboard and just an overall awesome looking phone. So as you can tell, I'm stoked.

The stats of the phone are the following:

• 3.8" Display (480x800)
  • 512MB RAM
  • MSM7630 Chipset
  • Froyo 2.2 OS
  • 800MHz CPU
  • 5MP Camera
  • HTC Sense (v 1.6)
  • 4GB Internal Storage
  • QWERTY Keyboard
The RUU for the phone has been leaked as well... so let's get to digging and see what other nuggets of information we can dig up inside the phone. Link here: RUU_Lexikon_VERIZON_WWE_1.23.605.1_Radio_1.06.00.0910_NV_1.35_0825_PRL58006_release_149012_signed.exe - 115??U?-????|?????? (warning: it's chinese)

Once we get more information, be sure to stay tuned.

(Source: 911HTC - 911SnIpEr - ÍøÒײ©¿Í and Phandroid.com)

Codiusprie

Reaction score
Android phone manufacturers really need to step up their game on the screen front now, my D1 has better resolution than that and it has a smaller screen, not to mention the sex that is the iPhone 4 screen. Other than that the specs do not impress. Nice looking midrange Android phone at this point.

everstar80

Reaction score
Sorry to disagree with you, but with the specs alone I'm not impressed. It does look sleek, but the processor is slower than the droid 2 and it doesn't seem up to par with the droid x or the incredible either. It may be a good phone for someone that has never had a smartphone or an android but not for people that have experienced the Motorola droid experience. And I think that the keyboard is fast and allows me to type faster than my old phone.

bizzshow

Reaction score
How is this phone mid range by the 800mhz processor which does more calculations peer cycle than the previous version it built off of a 45nm architecture. and mp mean nothing sounds like a solid device to me

smellyfungus

Reaction score
i kinda hate how people see 800mhz and write it off. this processor replaces the current snapdragons so its gonna be faster. this phone looks to have pretty much the same specs as the g2/desire z, which has looked impressive so far in htc's london event.

i will probably get this if that 4.3" evoish phone doesn't come into existence for verizon.

bizzshow

Reaction score
I would get this also if the evo like phone never comes out it looks like a solid phone but I really want that big screen

chaz.ring

Reaction score
its alright........... still waiting on an LTE phone though.....wait, its got a slide out keyboard? nevermind.... I don't like sliders.

Pudge

Reaction score
Nice looking device. I'm another in the holdout for the 4.3" screen though. If they stay on par with how I've seen them release other devices (Z and Desire HD) then maybe we'll have some news on the other one soon.

OP
J

JohnDroid

Different strokes for different folks... let's be glad that we have so much choice out there now for Android devices.

The landscape looks brighter and brighter every day!

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
i kinda hate how people see 800mhz and write it off. this processor replaces the current snapdragons so its gonna be faster. this phone looks to have pretty much the same specs as the g2/desire z, which has looked impressive so far in htc's london event.

i will probably get this if that 4.3" evoish phone doesn't come into existence for verizon.

Still, it wouldn't hurt them to use the MSM8655 platform, which has equivalent specs (World-phone capable) as the MSM7630; but at the 1GHz speed of the current-gen Snapdragon.

(and for those folks who are unclear; the MSM7630 is also a 2nd-gen Snapdragon chipset; NOT an old-gen chipset like the MSM7600)

Bxrider117

Reaction score
This phone looks to possibly be the slider that had the photos leaked last week. The specs are off, but the commonality is the slider aspect. I just can not see Verizon offering a variety of slide out keyboards. They will have this one and the Droid 2. Maybe that other phone that was leaked last week will not hit the market until next year.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh I missed the keyboard part. Thats why they said it looks like the Droid 2 and Inc had a baby...lol

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
If the cpu is similar to that in the G2, its gonna be nice. Look folks, I know the current Snapdragon is getting (or just is) outdated right now, but like some have said, this is a newer version.

Better battery life for going to 45nm, better gpu...dont sleep on this phone....

If the cpu/gpu is similar to the one in the G2....